Beginners and Beyond

Monday Penguins (Read 21 times)

JerryInIL

Return To Racing

The "Penguin" daily threads were originally conceived to emphasize that all members of the community have a place on the boards. Encouragement, motivation, a little love nip (you will love one, give it a try!) or even a little kick in the pants when needed -- it can happen here. Basically, we celebrate just getting out there and moving our tails! What is "slow"? "Slow" is a perception but one of the common benchmarks is the 10:00/mi pace; but there's no firm line. In fact, there are many of us that have slipped past this, and just hope that no one notices and revokes their "igloo privileges." And some penguins don't run at all, we just hang out for the company! It can be confusing for the forum newbies, but we're not one of the teams in any of the fine games. It's a totally open group, so stop lurking, post an introduction of yourself dive in and join the fun! No application necessary! There might even be a lovely picture for Scotty (we love pics!)

JerryInIL

Return To Racing

Good Morning Pens !!

Looks like a good day to go to the health club and take a running RD.

Hope everyone had a great weekend.

PADRunner

Morning Jerry, another hour on the elliptical this morning.

hog4life

12 hour work day! Bleh

Philliefan33

Good morning. Under my normal schedule today should be an RD, but I plan to get out later for a short run. It's time to try running three consecutive days, and I'm jiggling my run days to mesh better with this week's schedule.

GinnyinPA

I'm not sure whether today will be a rest day or short recovery run.

PAD - how does the knee feel?

Mitch - good luck at work. Days or nights this week?

Jerry - have fun at the gym.

Margo - I hope your run goes well.  Juggling running around Christmas activities can be challenging.

hog4life

Mitch - good luck at work. Days or nights this week?

Jerry - have fun at the gym.

Margo - I hope your run goes well.  Juggling running around Christmas activities can be challenging.

Days, whew!

SheCan

6.5 pokey miles.

Cherie

"We do not become the people who this world needs simply by turning our backs on anyone we don’t like, trust, or deem healthy enough to be in our presence. "  ---- Shasta Nelson

JerryInIL

Return To Racing

2 for 1 Barnaby's Pizza tonight.  One tonight and the other for leftovers.  Beer or wine hmmm???

Jack K.

uʍop ǝpᴉsdn sǝʇᴉɹʍ ʇI

Hi She Can!

I went to the gym today and did some weight work. Minimal stuff, but whatever. Tomorrow I have some 800 intervals as I wind down this HM training cycle.  We are hosting Christmas Eve this year so a Costco trip awaits.

PADRunner

Still a little tender. I'm going to try to run tomorrow.

GinnyinPA

I really wasn't in the mood for the TM, so I decided to go for a Christmas light run around the neighborhood. 5.25 miles.

Jack - when is your race?

SheCan - looks like you're getting back to normal running.

Jack K.

uʍop ǝpᴉsdn sǝʇᴉɹʍ ʇI

I really wasn't in the mood for the TM, so I decided to go for a Christmas light run around the neighborhood. 5.25 miles.

Jack - when is your race?

SheCan - looks like you're getting back to normal running.

It's in Camarillo. It's on the way home from DD1's school.

GinnyinPA

Isn't Camarillo where the insane asylum is?  Or is it a prison for the criminally insane?  Just don't pick up hitchhikers.

When Jim and I were hiking the CDT through the town of Grants, NM we passed a prison with lots of signs saying "Don't pick up hitchhikers".  At the time, he was violently ill with food poisoning and we were on our way to a trail angel's home a few miles up the road.  We knew there was no point in sticking out our thumbs, since nobody would pick us up.  It was a slow walk.

That same year, we started our hike in Montana at Warm Springs, which is the home of a state mental hospital.  We felt it was utterly appropriate to begin our hike at the mental hospital, since it was pretty insane to think we could walk from the Canadian border to the Mexican border in six months.  Jim was 60, with two bad knees. We made it.