Beginners and Beyond

MonDAILIES are off and running! (Read 39 times)

LRB

My experience as well: but I never tried to do that over an extended (hours) period of time.

And what happens to the map/ pace etc if you stop and restart miles away and hours later?

I turned the watch completely off and the run was still there to resume when I turned it on an hour later.

Not sure about that. This particular workout I'm experimenting with was a treadmill run without a satellite. If the opportunity presents itself, I'll try this with a real run.

PleasantRidge

Warm&fuzzy

Yeah - I don't blame you - was it at least still or was that windy?

(for me 32f and still isn't great but 32f and windy is horrible)

There was very little wind.  I was grateful for that.

Runner with a riding problem.

Zelanie

I've run to and from a running club dinner and paused my watch by accident instead of saving part 1. It went to standby but just resumed when I turned it back on later. Pace wasn't affected since the watch was paused, but I think total time included the time on standby.

From other runs, pausing and restarting in another place will show a giant straight line on the map between when you stop and start, but that distance isn't factored in to pace.

delicate flower

4 miles done with achy hips.  I've got a little neighborhood circle that is .45 miles around.  I ran it nine times because it is flat.  Venture anywhere outside this loop and it's HILLS.

<3

workinprogress11

4 miles in the snow flurries. I overdressed for most which means I was actually nice and warm in feels like 10.

LRB

4 miles on the treadmill. My adductor was like WTF is this??

Docket_Rocket

4 miles on the treadmill. My adductor was like WTF is this??

But you ran!!!!!

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

LRB

But you ran!!!!!

I'd be better off running in place than on that thing. And this just in; more snow is expected tomorrow!

bluerun

Super B****

I'd be better off running in place than on that thing. And this just in; more snow is expected tomorrow!

But... you are running in place. 

chasing the impossible

because i never shut up ... i blog

onemile

I ran 9 with 8x1k, 90 second recoveries

LRB

But... you are running in place. 

lol

How did I walk into that?

Half Crazy K 2.0

I was bored, DH had a meeting to go to, so I did 4.5 very slow and easy miles. Back didn't seem any worse, or maybe it was that my whole body was numb since it was 30 degrees and I am always freezing. Did some core stuff when I got home.

Ric-G

5 miles just a while ago...in other news i picked up a pair of brooks launch 2 today off of ebay with no tax or shipping...may end up buying just one more pair of running shoes this year...i should probably do a better job of monitoring miles on a pair of shoes.

marathon pr - 3:16