Beginners and Beyond

What type of shoes do wear when not in running shoes? (Read 85 times)

From the Internet.

I wear Toms pretty much everywhere. Plain old tan Rainbow sandals in the summer, Uggs when it's really cold in the winter. I own snow boots and rain boots but those are strictly for walking outside and get swapped out for Toms or sandals inside. I run in regular trainers but I think embracing minimal footwear for everyday use has made my feet stronger - they don't hurt after running anymore.

I like the idea of heels and still own a bunch, but I almost never wear them. I'm too old for achy feet :P

daisymae25

Squidward Bike Rider

Sneakers, flat shoes, slippers during the winter, and flip flops/sandals during the summer.  I also do have a pair of fake Uggs that I wear occasionally.

I often wear an old pair of running shoes at work, or hiking boots.

When the snow is dumping on us, boots similar to these Sad:

StepbyStep-SH

90% of the time from October to April I am in a pair of Born clogs like these:

From May through September, I wear these in brown tones:

I do also have one dressy pair of sandals with a tall wedge heel and a pair of dressy boots with a tall heel, but those are usually for special occasions only, and just a couple of hours at a time (church, dinner out, etc.).

20,000 miles behind me, the world still to see.

hog4life

Steel Toed boots most of the time, seiing how I'm always at work.

wcrunner2

Are we there, yet?

At work I wear something similar to these:

World Tour Men's Classic - Men's Casual Shoes

Otherwise I'm in old running shoes.

2024 Races:

03/09 - Livingston Oval Ultra 6-Hour, 22.88 miles

05/11 - D3 50K
                    05/25 - What the Duck 12-Hour

06/17 - 6 Days in the Dome 12-Hour.

Mmmmm...beer

I won't lie, I like a pair of nice legs in heels, but I'll never understand wearing uncomfortable shoes just to look good.

The woman who won the Masters division and took 2nd place OA for women at my recent 50k was wearing spike heels at the post race party.  I think everyone was more impressed that she was able to wear those shoes after the race than with her race performance! 

-Dave

My running blog

Goals | sub-18 5k | sub-3 marathon 2:56:46!!