Beginners and Beyond

Week 14: Spring, What Spring, Penguins? (04/02 - 04/08/18) (Read 21 times)

Docket_Rocket

Morning.  Working from home but the phone has been ringing since 5am, sigh.  I hate the forward your phones while working from home stupid rule my boss made up. And my fault for forgetting to put it on vibrate.

I have 15 miles and Pilates today.  Since I have court for the next 4 hours (listening to Chapter 13 hearings), I am going to run them while listening to that.  Makes the hearings more bearable, lol.

HopesMom, feel better!

Ginny, hoping you stayed away from the wind.

Fred, nice 7.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Singer who runs a smidge

I could also wish working from home were more like ... vacation!!  Which is probably why I should never work from home.

Will probably skip chorus rehearsal tonight, so that neither DH nor I am out so late.  I'll be glad to get back to the land of healthy!

When it's all said and done, no one remembers how far we have run.  The only thing that matters is how we have loved.

GinnyinPA

D - I think running during a hearing is a good use of your time, especially if you aren't doing a lot of the talking. I take it they don't do it with video. Good luck with your 15.

HM - I hope you feel better soon.

Another blustery day, and chilly too, especially for this time of year (34 feels like 27 at 11:00!) I ran early because the winds are supposed to get worse as the day goes on. I ran 8.3 at MP.

Docket_Rocket

Fortunately, it's only phone.  Last thing I need is video, ha.

HopesMom, I actually do more while at home than at the office.  Less interruptions and more opportunities to draft pleadings and talk to yourself out loud.

Ginny, I hate wind.  Nice MP run.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Singer who runs a smidge

When I work from home, there are too many distractions.  Baking, pets, movies, DH to chat with ... better I just take a day off, because I'm not going to get anything done anyway!

But then I'm well aware I'm lacking in the self-discipline area ...

Still coughing, hacking, and sniffling.  So is DH.  But at least I get back to yoga today, finally.  Felt good!

When it's all said and done, no one remembers how far we have run.  The only thing that matters is how we have loved.

Fredford66

Waltons ThreadLord

For me, the primary advantage of working from home is eliminating the 75 - 90 minute commute each way.  I can spend more time on work and still have more free time in my day.

No cold for me, but allergies are kicking in, which seems unfair when the temps are still sub-40 F.

5k 23:48.45 (3/22); 4M 31:26 (2/22); 5M 38:55 (11/23); 10k 49:24 (10/22); 
              10M 1:29:33 (2/24); Half 1:48:32 (10/22); Marathon 4:29:58 (11/23)

Upcoming races: Clinton Country Run 15k, 4/27; Spring Distance Classic 5k, 4/28

Singer who runs a smidge

Yeah, I'm not fond of my 75 minute commute either.  Though it does make for more time to learn barbershop songs!