Beginners and Beyond

How'd she do that, TUESDAILIES? (Read 72 times)

@runjerseygirl

Cool WELCOME TO THE DAILIES THREAD Cool 

Anyone and everyone can post your runs, cross-training, abdominal work, rest days, race plans, training questions, etc.. The only stupid question is the one you did not post. There’s a great mix of beginners and veterans, runners and walkers, and maniacs and returners (from injury, to running, to RA). We're all a little crazy here, too! While this thread is a terrific source of motivation for runners and serves as outstanding accountability, you’ll quickly find this remarkable group to be highly supportive of all life experiences. So, come on in, put your feet up, and stay awhile (not literally!) And whoever is up first is welcome to start the thread and we definitely keep some weird hours around here.

Do you even run?

@runjerseygirl

As a mom, these crack me up!

Do you even run?

LRB

Ha-ha, Supp!

Heading to the gym here in a bit to get my stroll on.  I cannot believe I am saying this but after that craptastic run in the frigid arctic Sunday, I am actually looking forward to the treadmill GASP!

Let's see if I feel the same way once it begins...

@runjerseygirl

Ha-ha, Supp!

Heading to the gym here in a bit to get my stroll on.  I cannot believe I am saying this but after that craptastic run in the frigid arctic Sunday, I am actually looking forward to the treadmill GASP!

Let's see if I feel the same way once it begins...

Ugh.  That's all I have to say about that.

3 miles on tap for me today.  This will be my first real run with my new shoes.  Say a prayer for me?  LOL!

Here's your morning fix.  Much love to my RA peeps.  You're the best!

Do you even run?

Gustav1

Fear is a Liar

Morning Dailies!

Ran 1 1/2 miles in a light snow.

I'm so vegetarian I don't even eat animal crackers!

A light workout and 3 on the treadmill for me today.

First Race

Hot Chocolate 5K Chicago November 4, 2012 30:17

Second Race

Penguin in the Park 5K Decatur Illinois March 23,2013 27:08

Scott

YAYpril - B-Plus

Morning!

Planning on 7 with many hills after work. Roads might be a little dicey but I can run my 1.5 mile hilly loop and get it done without going too far from home.

I do love winter running, but all this snow is for the birds.

Docket_Rocket

Morning!  10 miles tonight.

Off to court.  I pity those that go after me today.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

flarunner

Mornin' Daily-ites!

6 miles for me this morning. Temps in the 40's this morning, but that's supposed to change. Well, it is February so spring break weather is on it's way, and all which that entails. Roll eyes

Have a great Tuesday!

Robert31320

Team TJ

5.1 miles done.

Running for TJ because he can't.

kristin10185

Skirt Runner

Morning! Those baby memes are too funny!

Just got back from the gym. 22 minutes on the elliptical, and one mile on the treadmill....no knee/ITB pain, yay! Then I did the ITB routine from strength running, and planks. It's snowing out, kinda wish I was running outdoors in it, but since it's slippery probably best I was on a dreadmill. Can't wait to run outside again. Until I'm back up to 2+ miles though it doesn't make sense bundle up for less than 15 minutes of running when I can do it in the gym and also use the elliptical.

Have a great day!

PRs:   5K- 28:16 (5/5/13)      10K- 1:00:13 (10/27/13)    4M- 41:43 (9/7/13)   15K- 1:34:25  (8/17/13)    10M- 1:56:30 (4/6/14)     HM- 2:20:16 (4/13/14)     Full- 5:55:33 (11/1/15)

I started a blog about running :) Check it out if you care to

kristin10185

Skirt Runner

....my neighbors are having really loud sex right now.  Hello, good morning....better than coffee to wake ya up??? Kinda awkward hearing them through the wall lol. But I'm used to it. Lol just figured I'd share.

PRs:   5K- 28:16 (5/5/13)      10K- 1:00:13 (10/27/13)    4M- 41:43 (9/7/13)   15K- 1:34:25  (8/17/13)    10M- 1:56:30 (4/6/14)     HM- 2:20:16 (4/13/14)     Full- 5:55:33 (11/1/15)

I started a blog about running :) Check it out if you care to

Ahahahahaha, Kay, that started my day with a smile!

Good morning everyone!

Rick, try to enjoy your treadmill run.

Kay, I hope that the three miles with the new shoes go well.

Gustav, excellent 1.5.

Scott, have a great workout and a wonderful run.

AprilRunner, enjoy the seven miles.

Damaris, have an amazing ten-miler. Show them who's the bossSmile

flarunner, another amazing pre-work run. I envy you.

Robert, fantastic 5.1.

kristin10185, I'm glad that your workout went well and that your IT band is behaving itself.

I just did push-ups. Weights, ab work, and cardio are the plan for after work.

BruceD555

Mornin' Guys & Gals,

KayPS - Thanks for kicking us off with coffee this morning! Enjoy those virgin shoes 3 miles today

LRB - Hey, 'enjoy' that TM run today. I bet it makes the Arctic look not so bad.

Gustav1 - Light snow is a nice time to run. Hope you enjoyed your 1.5!

Sparker1606 -  Have a good 3 later on today.

AprilRunner - I totally agree on the winter running - I too love it but I am getting a bit tired of the slippery conditions. Enjoy those 7 later on today and be careful out there.

Docket_Rocket - Warning ... warning ... D is in the house and she's gonna ruin it for y'all. Enjoy those 10 later on tonight.

flarunner - Hope you had a good 6 this morning and the 40's didn't feel too cold.

Robert31320 - Great job on getting in those 5.1 already!

kristin10185 - Good news on the ITB. Hope things continue to do well for you. Hopefully you're in an apartment because if you're in separate houses  then your neighbors are REALLY loud. <grin>

BasyaSpiliakos - Have a good workout this evening and good job on starting off the day with push-ups!

I have 10 on tap with 5@HMP today but I also have to fly to DC for work so I'm gonna have to sneak in that run on the treadmill (grrr) at the office before heading to the airport. Tomorrow I have 14 planned and that's gonna be the tough one to endure on the treadmill - I love running the trails in DC but my schedule will only let me get in a crazy early run so the dreadmill is the only option.

Train smart ... race smarter.

Gunnie26.2

#dowork

Morning B&B! 9.3m for me with a warm-up/cooldown to/from gym and 4x200/200/800 w/200/400/400 recoveries on mill at gym. Last 800 really hurt at end as legs were a bit wobbly afterwards. Pretty good workout then.Smile #doworkgetfaster

Good runs everyone!

PR's - 5K - 20:15 (2013) | 10K - 45:14 (2011)  | 13.1 - 1:34:40 (2013)  | 26.2 - 3:40:40 (2014)

Up Next:

???