Beginners and Beyond

Finally FRIDAILIES (Read 48 times)

Hip Redux

Holy crap, this day is dragging.

I just stuffed my face with pizza for lunch so it's totally nap time.   Zzzzz.

Ric-G - good luck at Boston!!

B-Plus

Good luck Ric@

4.2 @ 10:36 5 min/1 min run/walk with friend.

Brrrrrrr

Uffda

Did 7 miles this morning at my new easy pace. My legs are starting to get tight. If I end up hitting all my runs, which is definitely my intention, then I'll have 50 miles this week. That'd be a weekly record for me.

Like Jack K. has in another thread, I'm considering my first Full. It's the Blue Ox marathon in Bemidji, MN. It's their debut. So I guess if I did it then we'd both have something in common, right? Roll eyes The snow that's dropping outside has me wishing for warmer temps and racing, so I guess that's why I'm considering it. I have 3 HMs in April, May and June so after that'd I'd probably drop it down for a recovery week and then maybe select some 55/60 mpw plan that I can do until October.

- Andrew

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

Great run/walk on the San Antonio Riverwalk yesterday after work!  Ended up with 4.2 miles.   After the near-90 temp for my run/walk on Tuesday, the weather yesterday was beautiful!   Sunny, slight breeze, 62 degrees, low humidity, low dewpoint., sweeet!  I started out by the Tower of the Americas, ran past The Alamo, and worked my way down to the Riverwalk, then went on it from one end to another end.  For some reason yesterday it was not very crowded at all, so I managed to keep up a pretty good pace during my running segments.   I finished at the RiverCenter by a food court where people were enjoying some Peruvian pipe music played by a group that was outside by the River, and also could see the river tour barges going back and forth, and the nice water garden and fountains. As I sat there for a few minutes, a friend came up behind me and said "Hey, Scotty, saw you finishing your run!"  He then handed me one of the two beers he was carrying and said "Have a cold one on me!"   NICE! Big grin  So we sat and chatted for a bit and drank our cold beers and enjoyed the music and surrounding scenery...enjoyable way to cool-down after a run!

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

Nice find on the shoes, Basya!

Good luck with the 8, Gustav.

Wow, that sounds like you are going to be on a challenging course, DaveP, with that weather, etc.  Good luck!  Course FLOODED?  Maybe you should run with a lifesaver around your waist...

Step, hope all the resting, rolling and stretching today is helpful for you!  Good luck with the run tomorrow, hope everything goes wonderfully.

Congrats on the 5, flarunner.  Hope your bloodwork results come back with good numbers!

Yah, Phil, great progress on your knee range-of-motion, way to go!

My hair does look like medusa from it.  So, Damaris, just another normal hair day as usual for you, huh?  Wink  I am shocked that you actually ran in the morning!  The world must be ending.... Joking

Sorry about the headache, April. Is that weather related?   Around here, when my area get a sudden drastic humidity changes - like it's really hot and high one day and then suddenly drops overnight - that sometimes does weird things to my system.  Usually not bothered at all, but every once in while, things go out of whack.  Not fun.  Hope your miles go well!

Safe flight, Fuzzy!  Have fun in Boston!

Happy rest day, Kristin!

Congrats on your miles, LRB, glad the weather sorta cooperated with you.

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

10.3 for me with 6 at gmp.

Basya our rain held off. We had a thunderstorm at 1 am but then it has just been cloudy so I didn't have to run in the rain.

Phil that is great but hose last degrees can be hard to get.

Dang, I finally got one right, lol.  POINT 3!

Where's my prize?  Big grin

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

Good luck with the half tomorrow Dave2!

Enjoy the rest day, Oski.  Yeah, cats are the same way..except the can actually jump on you and stick their claws in....that'll wake you up quick!

Phil, they're retroactively letting you have time off?  lol. Does that mean you have to go back in time and repeat the surgery? Wink

Dang, Bruce, I can't believe you - and some others - are still getting snow!  WTH?  When do you actually get Spring...around July?   Hope your weather improves!

Well, B Plus, glad your miles went well, hope you enjoyed the time with your friend.

Safe flight, Ric, and good luck at Boston.  Will you be doing an FE (Forum Encounter) with Fuzzy?

Congrats on the 50 mile week, BRRR!  Hope your legs behave!

kristin10185

Skirt Runner

I have great news to share.... the real reason for my personal day yesterday is I had a job interview...and was just offered the position!

PRs:   5K- 28:16 (5/5/13)      10K- 1:00:13 (10/27/13)    4M- 41:43 (9/7/13)   15K- 1:34:25  (8/17/13)    10M- 1:56:30 (4/6/14)     HM- 2:20:16 (4/13/14)     Full- 5:55:33 (11/1/15)

I started a blog about running :) Check it out if you care to

delicate flower

Phil, they're retroactively letting you have time off?  lol. Does that mean you have to go back in time and repeat the surgery? Wink

To be perfectly honest, getting what amounted to basically a five week vacation was almost worth going through that.  Wink

Kristin, great news on the job offer!  Congratulations!  Well your weekend just got off to a good start.  Smile

<3

YAYpril - B-Plus

I have great news to share.... the real reason for my personal day yesterday is I had a job interview...and was just offered the position!

Yay! Congratulations!

Brrrrrrr

Uffda

Wow, big time congratulations!

- Andrew

LRB

I plan to go down after work today as well. Novi to Dearborn is no picnic either, especially during evening rush hour, but would like to get it done.

I thought for sure you would be blowing it off, since you were talking about the 5k; there are probably a bunch of other 5k's you can do when the weather gets better.

FE potential?

I want to race every two weeks and everything this weekend is over an hour drive away, so I am in.  I actually worked out there for five years and almost know the course by heart just from looking at it online.

I will be there around six.  I won't be hard to spot, I am wearing all black and will probably be carrying a bottle of Hennessy.  ; )

Hey everyone, sounds like there is a lot going on this weekend. Today is the first day in three weeks I've been able to fully bend my leg so hope the knee is close. Ill give it a few more days to be pain free  and get back to it.

Really felt I lost some cardio the past few weeks,. had a hard time breathing yesterday in my last work out with the personal trainer. He kicked my butt.

anyway, off to workout tonight and whatever else the DW has planned.

First Race

Hot Chocolate 5K Chicago November 4, 2012 30:17

Second Race

Penguin in the Park 5K Decatur Illinois March 23,2013 27:08

Scott

Zelanie

Last run before race day is complete!  Got 4 in, nice and easy with the dogs, except for some strides in the 3rd mile.  I was trying to shoot for race pace, focusing on feeling strong, comfortable, and loose, but way overshot my pace, hehe!  No trouble at all from the hip.  Hope I'm ready!