Beginners and Beyond

Tuesday Comedy of Errors Penguins (Read 19 times)

Zelanie

HsM- I will run 6 and then decide if I feel like going on at that point.

GinnyinPA

Brilliant - our house has a short flight of stairs from the driveway up to the front door and another set of stairs up to the living room or down to the basement.  No railing out front to grab hold of.  Or I go in the garage and do the full flight of stairs into the house in one shot. Fortunately, I can go up the slope on grass to the back door and I only have two steps to get into the house.  A little awkward, but it works. I was slow today on the hills, but I managed to walk 2.5 miles with Jim and Ben.  It's not so much that I hurt (except when standing up) as that the muscles feel really weak and I can't trust them to hold me as they seem to slip occasionally.  I'm also really stiff, especially in the hips, so  I walk stiff legged, which is hard going up or down.

Jack K.

uʍop ǝpᴉsdn sǝʇᴉɹʍ ʇI

Jerry: Mom is resting comfortable (somewhat) and is getting plenty of visitors and phone calls. She is up and walking around her wing of the hospital and doing some breathing exercises to get some lung capacity back. Hopefully she can come home on Thursday or Friday. DD1 just had some senior pictures done by a friend who is a pro and my mom went nuts for those. DD1 actually looks like some kind of model!  Thanks for asking.

Ginny: LOL!  No guarantees on the marathon. I know I have been stubborn (or stupid) in the past but I really need to get past these injuries.  We'll see.

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

Scotty -- sounds like a great day for a run, hope you enjoy it!!  BTW, didn't your shorts fall down at the gym at the end of your run once?  I'm sure I remember hearing that story ...

Yes, HsM...the student ID checker that was on the door that morning that I accidentally 'mooned' still works there - she is a Senior this year and will graduate in the Fall -  and every time I go to the gym and she is there, she still ends up laughing whenever she sees me....

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt

JerryInIL

Return To Racing

Completed 4 with 9:45 last mile.

HsM, does your utility company charge a capacity charge?  That is a charge that compensates the utility for making peak power available if you need to use their power.  I don't have solar, but I do have real time pricing and my capacity charge is usually more than my actual supply charge.

Singer who runs a smidge

I've never seen anything like that on my power bill, so I guess not.  It's a co-op rather than a regular power company.

When it's all said and done, no one remembers how far we have run.  The only thing that matters is how we have loved.

Lauren - Sounds like a tough but good run.

Scotty - what a pretty day.

Zel and Ginny - Don't know.  I called the number on his tag, but it was his Vets office. He just kinda wandered away.

sapf - I hope you run the sniffles out.

Jerry - ah, not so much. Doing a good job maintaining. Crud...that reminds me I need to get to that post. Been swamped lately and getting ready to head out of town on business.

HsM - way to go green!

Brilliant - I'm envious of your group runs. I didn't mind this morning. I kept laughing at myself and really needed that.

Kathleen

2015 Goals:

Sub 30 5K

Sub 60 10K

Docket_Rocket

Apparently, I forgot to check in today?  What a day!  I am off work so I met a Marathoner forumite here on business for a nice morning run.  Ran 7. Then, went to my allergy doctor only to snag my INKnBURN tights, stained them, and managed to hit my car against a column at the doctor's parking.  Minor damage but not happy.  I am in for Dopey and hubby is in for the HM, and I am also in the Chicago Marathon lottery.  Pilates done but after my allergy shot, Pilates drained me so I had to nap for an hour.  4 miles with hubby tonight.

And that's my off day in a nutshell. 

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

GinnyinPA

Damaris - what an incredibly mixed day - the good, the bad and the ugly.  Great news about your races.  Wrecking your tights must be frustrating. Denting the car really sucks though. I hope your nap and run made you feel better.