Beginners and Beyond

Monday, February 29 (Read 42 times)

Slymoon Runs

race obsessed

Is it weird, or bad... that the Land Between the Lakes Marathon is a week and 4 days away, I haven't even gotten my race packet yet and I am already thinking about the Harmonie Trail Marathon at the end of May??????

Methinks a number of things: (in no particular order or exclusive )

1. Race marathons harder

2. You are uber and eat 26.2 for like breakfast

3. Selective memory - you have it baaaaaad.

4. You like pain - though I'm kinda surprised you pick pounding feet vs. other pounding ... Yeah

5. You lost your Fing mind (cause I remember - marathons suuuuck - and not soft and pleasurably either.)

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

Lol onemile AND Sly 

Next weekend will only be my second marathon, but my first trail marathon. Need I repeat that I am hoping to successfully train, attempt and finish my first 50 miler this September????

To answer your questions, because I really want to answer that number 4 

1. I don't want to race them, I actually want to get to running 50 milers.

2. I might be uber, but I can't say with 100% certainty that I eat 26.2 for breakfast. But long distances are extremely attractive to me.

3. Not really, I still feel the desire for redemption after my first marathon in 2014 when I got sick to my stomach at mile 14 and it lasted until mile 23-24. I still feel like I wasn't allowed to give it my all, my training was amazing but my stomach betrayed me.

4. I like both types of pounding   

5. I lost that thing likes year.....sss... ago lol 

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

bluerun

Super B****

chasing the impossible

because i never shut up ... i blog

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

I got in another 3.4 miles this afternoon, I decided to do something stupid and take both Dorian and the dogs out on the greenway for a run. Dorian was in the stroller and this was Jetta's first time running next to a stroller along with Rocky, I was extremely surprised at how well she did when we began running. I have to admit I was nervous.

So that gives me 181.1 miles for February, nearly 100 miles more than February 2015 so that is huge for me as I was only able to run 86 miles last year.

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

onemile

I ran 7.

Half Crazy K 2.0

All sorts of crotch talk and pounding talk going on. Um, OK.

I ran 5 and did a strength training DVD.

workinprogress11

8 windy miles.

Slymoon Runs

race obsessed

Pounding and crotches - just one of those days!