Beginners and Beyond

2020 Dailies #248 (Read 25 times)

Half Crazy K 2.0

So that's what Covid cases look like with a competent government?

My state's cases keep going up & down. We start phase 3 today at 5pm, which also came with the warning to be careful with family gatherings outside your immediate household.  So ok to go to the movies, but not visit family?

I'm trying to figure out what my best option for a 5k is--pretty sure I'm gonna have to cross state lines.

9/12 Nun Run

10/3 All Out 5k

10/17 Gateway 5k

First 2 are in Newark DE, last one in Gettysburg PA. All are about an hours drive. Where the races are in Newark, it is probably flatter than PA.

sdWhiskers

Above is the number of confirmed cases per week of Covid in Quebec. As you can see, after the initial peak, the situation is well under control and if it doesn't deteriorate in the next 4 weeks, the marathon will happen.

Lol at first glance I thought it was your running in kms or something.  I was like, I thought he's been running a lot lately...  

Docket_Rocket

My state's cases keep going up & down. We start phase 3 today at 5pm, which also came with the warning to be careful with family gatherings outside your immediate household.  So ok to go to the movies, but not visit family?

I'm trying to figure out what my best option for a 5k is--pretty sure I'm gonna have to cross state lines.

9/12 Nun Run

10/3 All Out 5k

10/17 Gateway 5k

First 2 are in Newark DE, last one in Gettysburg PA. All are about an hours drive. Where the races are in Newark, it is probably flatter than PA.

Between DE and PA, who is handling the virus better and which race is smaller? That would be my choice.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Half Crazy K 2.0

Between DE and PA, who is handling the virus better and which race is smaller? That would be my choice.

Both races have a limited field, so that isn't a factor. Just saw that Gattysburg College is locked down & with recent positive tests has 9% of the counties total cases. Ugh. I think both states have been handling things reasonably well, so it shouldn't make too much of a difference. DE was smart and closed the bars at the beaches around 4th of July. The population in Delaware is also about 125,000 more than my county. As a state, their numbers seem in line with my county, which isn't great, but not awful.

Both locations are likely to get out of staters. Gettysburg is close driving distance from MD, WV and VA. The DE races is close to MD and PA.

Maryland got off the naughty list, so as of now I can go to DE.

Cyberic

All kids have been back to school for 1-2 weeks now (start date depends on school board and varies from a region to another). All kids up to I'm not sure what age are full time in school. (My 14 yo daughter is in Junior High and is 100% in school, and my older son has started College and that is all remote). Cases might have some outbursts because of that, but they put safety measures in place that should limit to a group of less than 30 children at a time should the virus hit. My daughter is stuck in the same classroom with the same group all day, including for lunch (unless she goes outdoors), and the teachers hop from a classroom to another.

MTA: Federal (Canada) government's messages are not always 100% aligned with provincial messages, and those also vary from province to province, but it is nowhere as dichotomous as what I read the situation is like on your side of the border. A uninfied rule set and directives helps I think. Some agree and some don't, but the rules still are similar everywhere.

KCRuns

I took a rest day today.

MTA: Federal (Canada) government's messages are not always 100% aligned with provincial messages, and those also vary from province to province, but it is nowhere as dichotomous as what I read the situation is like on your side of the border. A uninfied rule set and directives helps I think. Some agree and some don't, but the rules still are similar everywhere.

The US is certainly unique in the world for the magnitude of variation of laws from state to state. Even for things with national implications, like voting - every state has their own laws and procedures, even when electing federal officials.

Dave

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

Jetta and I hit the trails early this morning, 5.3 miles.

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

bluerun

Super B****

Today I:

Ran the virtual Fifth Avenue Mile and missed a PR by three seconds because I am an idiot and ran a shitty second quarter

Got an email about my marathon which is apparently still not canceled

Finally received my virtual Boston box, which I haven't opened yet, because

I went diving today and got us so lost that we had a long surface swim back to shore so I was very late getting home

The end

chasing the impossible

because i never shut up ... i blog