Beginners and Beyond

PENGWEDNESdaily (Read 24 times)

Awood_Runner

Smaller By The Day

Congrats Zel!  Now we can race again.

Improvements

Weight 100 pounds lost

5K 31:02 Sept. 2012 / 23:36 Sept. 2013 (Same Course)

10K 48:59 April 2013

HM 2:03:56 Nov. 2012 / 1:46:50 March 2013

MARATHON 3:57:33 Nov. 2013

St. Jude's Hero Profile

Miles to go

Congrats Zel!  Now we can race again.

I have my work cut out for me, it seems.

PRs: 5K: 25:35 / 10K: 53:03 / 10mi: 1:26:15 / HM: 1:55:02

Upcoming: HM 4/13

Awood_Runner

Smaller By The Day

Just a little extra motivation.

Improvements

Weight 100 pounds lost

5K 31:02 Sept. 2012 / 23:36 Sept. 2013 (Same Course)

10K 48:59 April 2013

HM 2:03:56 Nov. 2012 / 1:46:50 March 2013

MARATHON 3:57:33 Nov. 2013

St. Jude's Hero Profile

Miles to go

Bring it!

PRs: 5K: 25:35 / 10K: 53:03 / 10mi: 1:26:15 / HM: 1:55:02

Upcoming: HM 4/13

Sloooow.

Afternoon, all. Pretty sure it's a rest day for me. My 18 mile week only has me running 5 days (woohoo) and I'm pretty wiped out from the last few days. I still need to make chicken noodle soup for dinner, it's just turning into one of those days!

SheCan

Woot!  Just graduated from PT today.  They sent me home with a T-shirt that says "active lifestyle restored".  Perfect!  Plus some silver bands so I can continue the torture exercises at home.

Wonderful!  I'm really happy for you, Zelanie!

Cherie

Don’t work harder than you can breathe,
              and you’ll never get out of breath.-- Johnny Nuguyen

Bring it!

I might need some of that action after you take down AWood Smile

I might be doing a half in October. But it isn't a flat one. Not a good one to try to PR.

”Failing to prepare is preparing to fail.”

“Whether you think you can, or you think you can't--you're right.”

Tomas

GinnyinPA

Zelanie - congratulations on graduating from PT.  I figured after your steep trail run and no pain that you were close to healed.  I'm glad to see it.

Tomas - all of the HMs around here are hilly.  There are three within an hour's drive of my house:  one in September, one in March, and one in April.  My first will have to be a PR, since it will be the first.  The second might be a PR, because it's a little easier than the one I'm doing first.  The third one - well, I'll be experienced by then, so who knows what I'll do, though I've heard it's pretty bad.  After that, I might have to do a flatter race, just to see what it's like.  Of course, because they're harder, the local races tend to be very small.  A lot of people I've talked to won't do the local HMs because they're too hilly - but since I'm not out to win, I figure why not enjoy the challenge?

Bin Running

Mel, that's good news!

Lauren, loved the shoes...It's gorgeous! I can nvr bring myself to buy current season shoes.. Sad Sorry abt the kid education.. Hope ypu get it sorted out.

Scotty, still funny but I prefered the cow joke..

Cherie, just read that it is from Wacoal.. As in the intimate wear maker.. haa I guess it will offer plenty of support..

2014 races

2XU HM - 02 Mar (1:44:55)

BeHero 10K (Hong Kong) - 23 Mar (46:13)

JP Morgan 5.6K - 24 Apr

Run350 HM - 27 Apr

Sundown HM - 31 May

Zelanie - congratulations on graduating from PT.  I figured after your steep trail run and no pain that you were close to healed.  I'm glad to see it.

Tomas - all of the HMs around here are hilly.  There are three within an hour's drive of my house:  one in September, one in March, and one in April.  My first will have to be a PR, since it will be the first.  The second might be a PR, because it's a little easier than the one I'm doing first.  The third one - well, I'll be experienced by then, so who knows what I'll do, though I've heard it's pretty bad.  After that, I might have to do a flatter race, just to see what it's like.  Of course, because they're harder, the local races tend to be very small.  A lot of people I've talked to won't do the local HMs because they're too hilly - but since I'm not out to win, I figure why not enjoy the challenge?

My area is extremely flat. So hills are not good for

me, but they are kinda fun. I have only run 2 HM's. The hilly one on the bridges and a trail one. The trail one I was almost 30 minutes faster on.

”Failing to prepare is preparing to fail.”

“Whether you think you can, or you think you can't--you're right.”

Tomas

Jerryb49

60 Day DL

Woot!  Just graduated from PT today.  They sent me home with a T-shirt that says "active lifestyle restored".  Perfect!  Plus some silver bands so I can continue the torture exercises at home.

Great news.  My turn !!!   Smile

First HM :     Covenant Health Knoxville HM 4/2013 2:24 

Last HM :     Michelob ULTRA Miami HM 2:31

Next HM :     TBD