Beginners and Beyond

Friday Penguins Are Getting Richer By The Day! (Read 30 times)

tracilynn

Bin, LOL. go get your DW a Christmas present!  But not a vacuum or blender. 

~~~~~~~

Traci

SheCan

Good morning friends!

Gus-- good job on all the miles you've been getting lately!  Yay@ it warming up.  Unless you're Damaris, that's sounds wonderful. LMAO, with that change you could have paid for us all to have a penguin gathering together.

Ginny-- from yesterday, thank you for the encouragement.  I guess I will try to do the stationary bike today.  You're right, we do what we have to.  

Mitch-- I seen the pics from the race.  You did look like you were enjoying yourself.  That's one of the most important part.  And in the 7 mile picture, you still looked very strong.  If that race had been an 18 miler you would have killed it.  I'm looking forward to the RR.  Ugh @ all the hours at work.  At least you did find some energy to run even with the race less than a week ago.

PAD-- wow, its spring there!  Hope you're enjoying that weather.

Jack-- Even if it's time, its still hard to lose loved ones.  Hope y'all have a nice celebration of her life.

Docket-- have my fingers crossed for good news about Trixie.

tracilynn-- oh what a stressful night you have tonight.  Visiting Santa was never easy when my kids were little.  It was always such an emotional experience.  ;-)

I'm going to try the stationary bike tonight.

Cherie

"We do not become the people who this world needs simply by turning our backs on anyone we don’t like, trust, or deem healthy enough to be in our presence. "  ---- Shasta Nelson

From the Internet.

Hi pens. All kinds of stress lately - I love Christmas and Thanksgiving, but other than those two days I hate this time of year. Always broke and no daylight makes me a sad kid. I've been in to work late almost every day this week because my motivation to get out of my house has plummeted. Ugh. I'll feel better after seeing family/early payday/couple days off next week, just have to get through the weekend and Monday.

I did get in a nice 4.5 miler this morning at 6:30. Not too cold, very little ice on the roads. 1.5 on the treadmill yesterday before weights, I'm on track to maybe hit 18 miles for the week if I can get in 1 tomorrow and my planned 5 on Sunday. I may be stressed out but at least my legs are still cooperating with me.

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

Bummer!  My race for tomorrow morning was cancelled.  I do have one tomorrow night.  So looks like I will only 'tie' my record from last year, with 74 races done for the year, instead of 75.  Which is still a pretty darn lot of races.   OK, I went a bit nutso on my run/walk yesterday.  Went to Fort Sam Houston to 3 miles of hill work.  I was feeling really good and ended up with FIVE miles of hills instead of 3, good lord.  By the time I was doing my last hill - I did 7 hills in all and these were not baby hills either - my legs were screaming at me "C'mon, idiot, kick us back higher so FEET can kick you in the butt for putting us through this!"  I got back to the gym feeling exhausted, but in a good way, if you know what I mean.

Thankfully, Gail and I are both off today., so rest day for me.   We enjoyed sleeping in and will go around together today doing some errands and having some 'quality time" together, nice.  I am actually off work now "officially" until January 3rd.  But will probably pop in-and-out of the office for an hour or two here-and-there just so I won't have a ton of 'catch-up" to do after the holidays.

Wow, Gustav won the supermarket lottery!  Umm, did they pay you the 100K in groceries? 

Nice on the breakfast 3 miles, Bin.  Bet you are not having any winter weather!  Today in San Antonio, another 78 degree day.  But we are supposed to get some major rain tomorrow and be colder by Christmas.

37 is about PERFECT?  Move to South Texas, Mitch, I bet you'll change your mind.  Sorry about the fatigue, Mitch!  Is it the work shifts that are causing that, by throwing your body clock off?  Or is your 't-level' dropping?  Might get that checked.  We are at THAT age, you know.

Happy swimming, Phillie, and enjoy running in the nice weather!

Sounds like our weather, PAD..'roller-coaster' weather is the exact term!  Crazy Mother Nature.

Congrats on getting to run outdoors, Awood!

You don't have freedom during Christmas vacation, StoneFence?

Enjoy the party, Jimmy!  Sorry about the fatigue and best wishes for your daughter., hope you can get her fears resolved.

Condolences on your grandmother, Jack!   She lived a very long life!  I know what you mean about the 'relief"...my family went through that with my grandfather (my mom's Dad) when he had cancer...and he had so much pain and discomfort toward the end.    And my sis and I went through that with my mom last December, she was very ill and hurting toward the end. Sad to lose our loved ones but, as you said, it  is also somewhat of a relief that they are no longer suffering.

Yay for Trixie coming home, Damaris!  Altho she will probably be 'mad' at you and won't sit on your lap for a while.

Finals?  Sounds like you need to get in what miles you can, Zelanie, just to help keep your sanity.  Finals is a crazy time of the school year.  Our university kids go a little "nutso" during those times of the semesters.

Glad you got through your run in one piece, Traci!  Now behave yourself until you are 100% recovered and have some energy back!  Good luck with the Santa visit!  You know what you should do?  Tell one of your kids to ask for a Ford Fusion...like in those commercials, lol....

Congrats on your 7 yesterday, Jerry.  Happy rest day!

Good luck with the stationary bike, Cherie!  Hope your weather is behaving.

(((Lauren)))...Sounds like you might be dealing with SAD - Seasonal Affective Disorder.   Look it up, there are some things you can do that will help.   Glad you got out for a run, that will help with stress. Hope you get out of your 'slump" soon.

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt

GinnyinPA

Gustav - that's better than our experience of the $3000.00 hamburger dinner.  Too bad you couldn't keep it.

Bin - how are the legs feeling?  All recovered?  I agree, you need to get out and find something for your wife.  Your daughter won't care, but DW might.

Mitch - the money is nice when you work that hard, but it is so hard mentally and physically.

Margo - enjoy your vacation time.  Will you be going up to your house in the mountains at all?  Have a good swim.

PADRunner - good job on the tempo run.  We aren't quite as changeable today, but over the next few days we go from 30's yesterday to 50's today to 60s on Sunday to 40s on Monday.  It's all good for running, though showers are also in our forecast.  I plan to enjoy the warmer weather while I can, but I do wish the sun would come out too.

Awood - hope you enjoyed your run outdoors.

Stonefence - good luck getting ready for the holidays.

Jimmy - have fun at the Christmas party tonight.  I hope your daughter is well now.

Jack - I'm sorry about your grandmother.  I do understand about the relief.  I felt that way when my mother died, because she was so unhappy being so sick.

Damaris - hope you get a run in tonight.  Are you mostly over the cold?

Z - is your snow and cold gone now?  I hope you get a run in today.

Tracilynn - you were probably dehydrated from the virus.  I hope you're feeling better now.  Have fun with Santa.  Are your kids old enough to enjoy Santa, or do they still get scared at being held by a stranger?

Jerry - I often feel more stiff after a rest day than after a running day.  My body doesn't like sitting too much.

Cherie - good luck with the bike today.

Lauren - sorry about the stress, but I'm glad your body isn't part of that.  Good job on the 4.5 this morning.

Scotty - enjoy your rest and fun time with Gail.  Runs like yesterday are why we run - the days when you feel like you can go forever.  I know about SAD: I get super depressed when it is grey for too many days in a row.  It's the main reason we don't live in Alaska or Montana. Enjoy your long vacation.  Does Gail get off for two weeks too?

AFM:  the snow is melting, but it will be a few days before it's gone completely.  We'll head out to the park shortly so I can run on the paved walks while DH takes Ben for another walk and roll in the snow.

SheCan

Great job yesterday, Scotty!   At least your legs will get some rest from this hilly run now with the race canceled, but I rather think you'll probably end up finding another race before the end of the year.  Hope you and Gail have some fun quality time together.

Ginny-- be careful running in that snow!

I've been wondering about something every time I click "Home" on the Beginners and Beyond group.  Does anybody know who is in that picture?  LOL, it's just been bugging me for a while.

Cherie

"We do not become the people who this world needs simply by turning our backs on anyone we don’t like, trust, or deem healthy enough to be in our presence. "  ---- Shasta Nelson

Jack K.

uʍop ǝpᴉsdn sǝʇᴉɹʍ ʇI

She Can: those are the nerds from "Revenge of the Nerds."

From the Internet.

Cherie - it's from Revenge of the Nerds! It's a classic film! MTA: Whoops, Jack beat me to it - that's what I get for not refreshing before replying :P

SheCan

Lauren and Jack-- D'oh!   Thank you!

Somehow i feel like I've now failed film 101.  And I LOVE movies!  Especially dumb comedies.

Cherie

From the Internet.

Lauren and Jack-- D'oh!   Thank you!

Somehow i feel like I've now failed film 101.  And I LOVE movies!  Especially dumb comedies.

Oh then you will love this. It's a dumb '80s comedy, the best kind of dumb comedy.

Jack K.

uʍop ǝpᴉsdn sǝʇᴉɹʍ ʇI

"Got the ol' cruise control set at 35."

Bin Running

Ginny, legs seem to be fully recovered but need some push to get back to regular 30-40mpw.

Ok, Ladies. Will think of something but she seem to have everything. Maybe more socks?  Hee

2015 Races

2XU HM - 29 Mar

hog4life

Ginny, legs seem to be fully recovered but need some push to get back to regular 30-40mpw.

Ok, Ladies. Will think of something but she seem to have everything. Maybe more socks?  Hee

My wife is like this too!!

GinnyinPA

I actually would like socks, mine are getting pretty badly worn, but I can't find them anymore ;-(

However, no matter what we say, even when we don't need anything, there is always something we'd like to have - maybe something pretty, something practical, or an experience that we aren't likely to pay for ourselves, like theater, or massage, or a weekend away.