Beginners and Beyond

MonDAILIES: Finally, the light at the end of the tunnel...but wait, what's that sound? (Read 36 times)

onemile

Hopefully your back is better?

yeah, it hurt the most driving to Madison on Thursday morning and has improved every day and today it feels fine sitting (which is what it doesn't like the most).   I could have run longer this weekend but am trying to be good. 14 weeks to Houston

LRB

You have to work but not get paid

It seems several states have decided not to observe Columbus day, with some changing the name to remember Indigenous People instead. California usually leads the charge with stuff like that but maybe not this time. I imagine banks/post offices are closed but otherwise, seems like business as usual here.

Oops, I meant not a paid day off. We're closed to the outside but have to come in to get paid or we can use banked time and not come in.

Half Crazy K 2.0

I ultimately work for a hospital,  so we get the major holidays and that's it. I'm still bitter we lost Presidents Day several years ago.

LRB

I ultimately work for a hospital,  so we get the major holidays and that's it. I'm still bitter we lost Presidents Day several years ago.

I had that at my last job but don't anymore.

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

Took Dorian and the dogs for a 4.1 mile hike, still might go for an easy 3 later.

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

onemile

I ran 8

From the Internet.

Lol 5 miles easy and 1 at 7:16 what am I even doing.

So_Im_a_Runner

Go figure

Anyone else read articles in here:  https://ultrarunnerpodcast.com/

It's trail and ultra-oriented, but there's always good articles about running in general.

I just figure I can't be the only one hoping to move today along a little bit, so I thought I'd pass this forward. My favorite from today's news was the race in Denmark that starts from a ferry, although there is also an article about a pretty amazing woman that survived a suicide attempt and now runs ultras, despite a number of surgeries and lingering complications.

Trying to find some more hay to restock the barn

delicate flower

I will run after work.

THIS IS DONE.  While 73 degrees is nice, I'd like some 40's and 50's to keep the gnats at bay.  Frikkin gross.

<3

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

So I went ahead and took Dorian for a run this afternoon, ran an easy 3.2 miles.

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

My HM age-grades to a 1:20:45. I think that stuff is pointless but I like it anyway.

Dave