Beginners and Beyond

Saturday - I'll take the 5th (Read 44 times)

LRB

I had lunch with Mrs. and Mr. Docket and Mary-Mary then hit the road. My ass and legs are fried and I can't wait to get home and stretch the hell out.

delicate flower

What time was it, baboon? Looks like it's night time in the pic.

This was the finish line.  6:30 AM.     We were up at 2:45 this morning to catch the bus for the 5:30 start.  Same deal tomorrow.  It was funny listening to people complain about being cold at the start.  IT WAS 60 DEGREES.

<3

Cyberic

This was the finish line.  6:30 AM.     We were up at 2:45 this morning to catch the bus for the 5:30 start.  Same deal tomorrow.  It was funny listening to people complain about being cold at the start.  IT WAS 60 DEGREES.

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Ran a marathon with Mary-Mary and was slow but not as slow as Chicago. Couldn't breathe in the second half but the weather was great!!!

Had lunch with LRB and he finally met hubby.  We had fun!

Damaris

Zelanie

Ran 6 with the dogs.  It was rainy but not too windy or cold, so I'll take it.  My RP finished her second 50K today.  I'm going to need to step it up.

Ric-G

12 miles this morning...then i fixed at faulty stem in one of the bathroom sinks and then replaced the other too while I was there (I'm glad someone invented that YouTube thing)

nice job rick, it's never simple to race and pace those things.

marathon pr - 3:16

I had lunch with Mrs. and Mr. Docket and Mary-Mary 

Cool!

Dave

Ran a marathon with Mary-Mary and was slow but not as slow as Chicago. Couldn't breathe in the second half but the weather was great!!!

Cool!

Dave

This was the finish line.  6:30 AM.     We were up at 2:45 this morning to catch the bus for the 5:30 start.  Same deal tomorrow.  

Why TF do people do this.

Dave

Dave- Were you able to find anywhere nice to run in Salem?  I've done a 5K in Minto Brown park, but other than that don't really think of it was a place with good running routes.

Well we were actually staying out near the freeway, because we had to find a place that would take our dog. 

So it was about 2.5 miles down State Street just to get to downtown; ran past the Capitol & the University, through downtown to the river & back, and that was the run. But if you are already downtown, seems like some options - the park you mentioned, as well as Bush Park, and also Riverfront Park.

Dave

Zelanie

Well we were actually staying out near the freeway, because we had to find a place that would take our dog. 

So it was about 2.5 miles down State Street just to get to downtown; ran past the Capitol & the University, through downtown to the river & back, and that was the run. But if you are already downtown, seems like some options - the park you mentioned, as well as Bush Park, and also Riverfront Park.

Sounds like it wasn't the most exciting route in the world, but I guess the miles are done. How long are you in town for?

Cyberic

That's great. Not the breathing part, of course.

Sounds like it wasn't the most exciting route in the world, but I guess the miles are done. How long are you in town for?

Yup. The middle ~1mile was mildly interesting, but that's about it. We drove downtown Fri night for dinner, with me checking the route for sidewalks the whole time. DW has become accustomed to this kind of nonsense. She told me about Bush Park - she knew people ran there because there was a story way back when about some barn owl that hung out there and would terrorize runners.

Anyway - home already. We just came in Friday evening; the party was basically a brunch & we took off around 4:00. It was a shitty drive home - 250 miles in non-stop, heavy rain, mostly in the dark.

Dave