Beginners and Beyond

Standard Chartered Marathon 2013 RR ** my first ** (Read 89 times)

Just B.S.

Bin congrats! Solid performance for a first full!

Mmmmm...beer

Great job Bin!  I can't even imagine 50k people merging together, that had to be insane.

-Dave

My running blog

Goals | sub-18 5k | sub-3 marathon 2:56:46!!

Bin Running

Lily, thanks.. Now, I felt better abt the walking.. haa..

Traci, thanks for the support and advise in Penguins thread. I couldn’t have done it w/o you guys.

Just B.S., thanks.

Dave, it’s insane with all the couples holding hands and I just wanna run.. Tongue.. it’s pretty common where I am and sort of used to it..

Just re-looked at my official splits and was stroked to see that I am pretty even. Crossed the half at 2:02:06.  10sec+ positive splits.

SPLIT

5km10km15km20km21.1km25km30km35km40km
        00.28.41.23  00.58.18.81  01.24.49.82  01.52.45.38  02.02.06.34  02.20.56.71  02.49.16.20  03.20.37.76  03.50.33.57 

2015 Races

2XU HM - 29 Mar

Hip Redux

Great job on your first!  Kudos!

LRB

4 minutes off your goal over a 26.2 mile stretch is not bad at all (I was ten minutes off for my first).  You were obviously smart about your goal and the training it took to get you there.

Nicely done!

kristin10185

Skirt Runner

Congratulations!!! You had a rough training cycle but still did a really, really great job!!!

PRs:   5K- 28:16 (5/5/13)      10K- 1:00:13 (10/27/13)    4M- 41:43 (9/7/13)   15K- 1:34:25  (8/17/13)    10M- 1:56:30 (4/6/14)     HM- 2:20:16 (4/13/14)     Full- 5:55:33 (11/1/15)

I started a blog about running :) Check it out if you care to

Congratulations on your first, Bin!

I think that given the life issues, the cough, the training at lower mileage than you wanted, you did a very fine job.

That graphic is really interesting.

Also, I really liked noticing in the picture that runners on opposite sides of the world wear the same shoes.  Just one of those little things that means a lot.

Bin Running

Oski, thanks

LRB, the forum helps a lot with sharing the training and experiences.. thanks

Kristin, thanks..

Jay,  same shoes? Hee.. Ya.. we are so far yet so near..

2015 Races

2XU HM - 29 Mar

Awood_Runner

Smaller By The Day

You were looking to me for pointers?  There's your problem...haha.  Just kidding.  Man, with your wife giving birth and the baby being in the hospital, I can't believe you were able to focus and get through training.  You may have faded a bit, but a lot of people would kill for that time.  Great job Bin.

Improvements

Weight 100 pounds lost

5K 31:02 Sept. 2012 / 23:36 Sept. 2013 (Same Course)

10K 48:59 April 2013

HM 2:03:56 Nov. 2012 / 1:46:50 March 2013

MARATHON 3:57:33 Nov. 2013

Bin Running

Awood, you are more inspiring than you know.

2015 Races

2XU HM - 29 Mar

delicate flower

Bin, great job getting that first marathon under your belt!  Being a few minutes off your goal is totally acceptable in your first attempt.  Might have been a different story if not for the achilles flare up.  Nice work.  Smile

By the way, your placement looks weird to me.  You finished 490th overall but 558th among men?  What am I missing here?  Not that it matters but the numbers geek in me wants this to make sense.  Big grin

<3

Bin Running

Baboon, now that you mentioned. It does look weird. The system must have been faulty. It sure doesnt make any sense.

2015 Races

2XU HM - 29 Mar

Will run for scenery.

Congratulations!

Finishing your first marathon is a once-in-a-lifetime event.  Given the challenges (and there are always challenges) I'd say you did a fantastic job !

Be sure to spend some time recovering and enjoying your success.

Stupid feet!

Stupid elbow!