Beginners and Beyond

FriDAILIES: Making It Loud and Clear (Read 72 times)

YAYpril - B-Plus

I rock this pose. My shoulders are pretty flexible. Makes up for the rest of me being inflexible.

Cow face pose. No idea why it's called that, but y'all can feel free to give it a try sitting at your desk at work.

YAYpril - B-Plus

Re: motorcycles. My husband drives one. He always wears a helmet. His choice, but he knows I would threaten his life if he didn't.

So_Im_a_Runner

Go figure

I can get three fingers together in that pose, but not a whole fist for either side.  There's definitely more tension in my left shoulder than my right, and that pose certainly emphasizes that.

As for motorcycles, I don't even like to look at them and you couldn't pay me money to go near one.

Trying to find some more hay to restock the barn

Hip Redux

My dad has ridden a motorcycle since I was little and I've been on with him a ton of times.  But he's also a real stickler for safety and never goes out without full gear on.    He has had some accidents, but nothing really serious, thankfully!    I will say though that as he gets older, the more nervous I get....

MTA - my dad and my uncle rode cross country to come to my wedding.  My uncle was with her girlfriend and they took off on a little side trip and my dad came straight to my place... and they ended up hitting a deer that jumped out in front of them.   A broken hip, ribs, and wrist... which resulted in him needing a hip replacement a few years later.  Needless to say, the uncle never made it to my wedding!

Docket_Rocket

Hi.  We did 2 miles bear the waterfront.  DH was amazed at his ability to run 1mm faster.  I said: that's Miami. He asked whether we can move.  Atta boy.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

YAYpril - B-Plus

Hi.  We did 2 miles bear the waterfront.  DH was amazed at his ability to run 1mm faster.  I said: that's Miami. He asked whether we can move.  Atta boy.

LIKE.

Robert31320

Team TJ

Safe trip, Robert, hope getting your van fixed is not too expensive.

Trip complete.  It's no biggie, just had to get the wheelchair lift serviced.  Have to go to Jacksonville to get it done (240 mile round-trip).

Running for TJ because he can't.

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

Jjs I'm not really a Michigan person any more. I grew up here but I've lived in the south for 24 years. Just here for my dads wedding

Scotty pretty much   I didn't bring my passport so I wouldn't have gotten in anyways.

Marjorie

Will run for scenery.

I get to carboload for a 10 mile race, yes? Cuz I just woofed down a bagel and I would love to be able to say it was necessary!

Nope.  Sorry, you got it all wrong.  It's gotta be pasta.  Now get back in there and let's see you load up like a champ !

(But you do get to have a bagel before the race.  That's just plain old common sense.)

Stupid feet!

Stupid elbow!

(But you do get to have a bagel before the race.  That's just plain old common sense.)

And after the race, gotta replenish those glycogen stores.

Dave

kristin10185

Skirt Runner

I can deal with that Smile

Nope.  Sorry, you got it all wrong.  It's gotta be pasta.  Now get back in there and let's see you load up like a champ !

PRs:   5K- 28:16 (5/5/13)      10K- 1:00:13 (10/27/13)    4M- 41:43 (9/7/13)   15K- 1:34:25  (8/17/13)    10M- 1:56:30 (4/6/14)     HM- 2:20:16 (4/13/14)     Full- 5:55:33 (11/1/15)

I started a blog about running :) Check it out if you care to

daisymae25

Squidward Bike Rider

Cow face pose. No idea why it's called that, but y'all can feel free to give it a try sitting at your desk at work.

I can't even get my hands to touch in that pose.

And 3 and change for me today, plus a push-up/sit-up ladder.

B-Plus

I can't believe it's legal to ride without a helmet ... or that anybody would actually do that.

8 @ 8:20. It seems likes it's time to break out a new pair of shoes.

Hi dailies:

Rick - so what's up with all the fucking f-bombs in your sig and avatar line?

Marjorie - wine, hooray.

DaveP - evenings are great

Robert - if that van's a 'rockin...

Baboon - hope your 3 o'clock and more didn't take too long

Sarah - ah bummer

Tom - have fun in Ohio and drive safely

MBC - anything else would be uncivilized.

Scotty - have fun at your appropriately-themed race

April - hope you are not literally a zombie, there's only one way to deal with them...

Oski - nonononononono.

Kristin - good luck!

Step - at least rain can't get any wetter than being in the pool (usually)

D - what kind of beer?

jjs - oh, hope that clears up

Free - nice run

SIAR - wow, you must be a good friend to do 50mi just to help.  Nice.

Zel - it will get there

daisymae - good workout

B-Plus - new shoes, oh yeah

Yesterday, 3.1 at GMP minus 1:11 Wink  then 10 more GA later.

Tonight, 10.44 easy.  Gonna write a RR regardless of haterade.

Docket_Rocket

Jay, Yesterday it was Pilsner Urquell, today was Blue Moon.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page