Beginners and Beyond

For your reading pleasure; SaturDAILIES! (Read 31 times)

LRB

I'm at the hotel and bibbed up.  I got a really cool bib, #1983.  Cool because 1983 happens to be the first year the CIM was held.  Surely that's a good sign.

I was 15 that year. 

delicate flower

I'm at the hotel and bibbed up.  I got a really cool bib, #1983.  Cool because 1983 happens to be the first year the CIM was held.  Surely that's a good sign.

Good luck tomorrow, ootb!

<3

Cyberic

Good luck OOTB,

I was 13. Probably had a grandma's mustache.

Run 14 miles with the new Mizuno Wave Ascend 8 trail shoes. Not an agressive thread for a trail shoe I think, but sure is better than my normal regular shoes for winter conditions running. Heavier than my regular shoes though, but can't have it all.

Docket_Rocket

I'll be trying really hard to avoid it.  I train better on pavement.  I ran probably 80% of my miles on the TM last winter and felt behind schedule when I got into my spring running.

Speaking of running being stupid, I just registered for marathon #6.  I'm already chomping at the bit to start training.

Woohoo!  Which one?

I am about to register for my Fall goal race.  I'll wait until the 13th so they can give us a 13th discount (as they usually do).  At least that should give you a hint as to which race type it is.

10 miles with hubby.  Weights tomorrow because, well, we ran 10 and finished just a few minutes ago.  I guess my recovery from the marathon is going great? 

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Docket_Rocket

New Jersey Marathon, 4/26/15.  A flat course.  I'm running this one because of location and where it falls on the calendar.  I'll determine a goal as I get into winter training, but I'd certainly like to keep progressing with my PR's.  I'm going to start sniffing around the local running and triathlon groups for a good coach...it would seem I'll have several options.

Nice!

OOTB, nice bib!  Awesome.  Can we stalk you tomorrow?

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Run well, OOTB!

Baboon - prospective coaches need to know that you need to BQ, and that they're going to get you there.  Big grin

10.13, mostly easy, a little GMP.

workinprogress11

SRD.   Getting ready to drive over to Sacramento to check into the hotel and go to the expo.  The weather for the race looks perfect.   Trying to think positive thoughts and get my nerves under control.  I'm not sure I've ever been this nervous before a race before.

I wanted to wish you the very best of luck. I know you've been working hard and I hope everything goes your way.

9 miles for me today with unintentional hill work. I ran through a new neighborhood and had no idea how hilly it was. Coming from central Illinois which is the flattest place ever, the hills were a challenge.

outoftheblue

Thanks everyone!  D --feel free to stalk away.

Life is good.

StepbyStep-SH

Good luck tomorrow, OOTB!

20,000 miles behind me, the world still to see.

Good luck tomorrow, OOTB!

^ This!

Dave

Docket_Rocket

Damaris

Fundraising Page

LRB

I just watched The Lone Ranger. It wasn't as terrible as the reviews made it out to be.

Docket_Rocket

I just watched The Lone Ranger. It wasn't as terrible as the reviews made it out to be.

It was not excellent but I liked it enough.

Damaris

Fundraising Page

B-Plus

Not feeling the desert heat' eh?

It's actually a very comfortable temperature, but the red truck did me in