Beginners and Beyond

Pluck is out, Hoop.la is in (Read 245 times)

jamezilla

flashlight and sidewalk

Check out the clean slate.

**Ask me about streaking**

delicate flower

I like it.

<3

Dr. Cornsitter

Anyone else thinks it looks hauntingly similar to this forum?

Edit: With more ads, though (of course).

Quote from BeachRunner3234 on 6/25/2013 at 8:20 PM:

So I'm currently sitting with a bag of frozen corn in my ass.

Better I Leave

Clean slate? So did they shitcan the old mods/admins who basically "thumbed their collective noses" at the community for so long? It was only until after a mass exodus occurred that they finally did something and even then took their sweet time? Sorry...any community where the mod/admin staff refuses to reply to requests/concerns by the members in an expedient manner is not a community I want to be part of. I ran a site for years and I actively engaged the members with questions as to how I could improve the site all the time.

Dave, very well said.

RSX

The R&R group is a unique bunch and had their own forum. Now there is only 1 forum for L&O plus them called off-topic. Those Global Warming threads will get the endless debate attention they deserve.

mucknort

It has always seemed that RW/Rodale's focus was/is 99% on magazine/website. The forum is just a side thing that the bosses assigned to a couple of folks to handle on top of their other main duties of running the website. The exodus demonstrated they weren't doing a proper job. My thinking is they are hoping that switching to hoop.la will "fix" things on its own. I doubt that admin/moderation will be any different.

Mostly harmless

meh.

"It doesn’t matter how often you do it or how much you accomplish, in general, not running is a lot easier than running." - Meb Keflezighi

Hip Redux

MJ5

Chief Unicorn Officer

I like the new forums and I am so happy to see a separate Team Challenge forum. I hate having team threads clogging the front page.

Why would anyone be surprised or offended by the fact that the main focus is the magazine? The forums are offspring of, and run by the magazine. DUH. I love how people get affronted by the fact that that's a priority.

If you don't like it, don't go back. The show will go on.

Mile 5:49 - 5K 19:58 - 10K 43:06 - HM 1:36:54

thekl0wn

Pigtail Connoisseur

It would be a decent looking forum if they would cut back on all the advertising BS.  While the software of previous years sucked, as with any system, it's only as good as the people using it and the people managing it...

Something witty

I like it. As far as ads I use addblock over there and here. So there is no adds.

RSX

I like it. As far as ads I use addblock over there and here. So there is no adds.

What is that? I have a popup block, but haven't heard of that. I barely notice the ads here anymore. They are definitely less annoying than RWOL.

Brrrrrrr

Uffda

What is that? I have a popup block, but haven't heard of that. I barely notice the ads here anymore. They are definitely less annoying than RWOL.

Adblock is an Extension (plug-in) for Firefox. Maybe they make one for IE too? It basically just doesn't show any ads on your web pages.

- Andrew

I just did a google search for this. I use Chrome for browsing and there's a simple Addon in the web store for this. We'll see how it works. Looks promising!

They'll tell you that failure is not an option.  That's ridiculous.  Failure is always an option.  It is the easiest and most readily available option.  It's your choice though.