Beginners and Beyond

Race Photos (Read 1197 times)

Slymoon Runs

race obsessed

happylily - always highly impressed with your physique.  Last picture looks like the guy just then realized how much you squashed him. *SLAM*

happylily

happylily - always highly impressed with your physique.  Last picture looks like the guy just then realized how much you squashed him. *SLAM*

Thanks, Slymoon! I still feel a little bad that I ruined the poor guy's finish line photos with my crazy grin... :-)

PRs: Boston Marathon, 3:27, April 15th 2013

Cornwall Half-Marathon, 1:35, April 27th 2013

18 marathons, 18 BQs since 2010

Just B.S.

Thanks, Slymoon! I still feel a little bad that I ruined the poor guy's finish line photos with my crazy grin... :-)

I remember it well!! That day I "almost" met Happy Lily in person. I'm convinced she saw me standing at

the finish line and went the other way on purpose.Big grin

happylily

I remember it well!! That day I "almost" met Happy Lily in person. I'm convinced she saw me standing at

the finish line and went the other way on purpose.Big grin

Not true! YOU saw me and chose to ignore me.

PRs: Boston Marathon, 3:27, April 15th 2013

Cornwall Half-Marathon, 1:35, April 27th 2013

18 marathons, 18 BQs since 2010

Just B.S.

Not true! YOU saw me and chose to ignore me.

Na ah!!!!!!!LOL 

You went by and I had about 1 second to think "OMG I recognize that bun, I  think that's Lily from RW" and

then you were looooong gone!! I probably couldn't have caught you even though I was long finished my half

you were still way faster than me when you were just finishing a full marathon!LOL

Docket_Rocket

Latest ones.  From Hell, I mean Vegas.

Just in case you wonder how windy this was, this is even before I started and it was not really AS windy as it got later:

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Docket_Rocket

BTW, that backdrop is not made up.  I was exactly there with the Mirage and the LV Blvd. sign.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Canuck

Most of my race photos look like death, but I managed to get some good ones at my May marathon.

Pumping up the crowd at the finish

Burrard Bridge

PRs: 47:54 (10K); 1:46:36 (HM); 3:50:52 (FM)

Recovering from injured knee (PCL/Lateral Meniscus)

Vegan Ang

Formerly sdnyc99

Me at the 2011 America's Finest City Half (San Diego).  It's one of those taken at that exact moment that every single leg muscle is flexed and looks massive.  

My avatar - taken during the Westchester Medical Center Half in 2011.  This was the race I set my half PR in (1:56) and you can tell that I was in control and feeling good.  

And finally, one that I've shared before but I love it so much I'll share it again.  A huge floater & smile at the finish line of the AFC Half.  

Angela 

Just B.S.

Angela (VeganAng) you are just about as cute as you can be!!

I still cant figure this picture thing out! I feel like an idiot!

Completed my first half marathon 2:09:04!!!

hey i figured it out!!!

Completed my first half marathon 2:09:04!!!

Vegan Ang

Formerly sdnyc99

Awww...thanks! As are you & your hubby! I see your birthday is "three weeks from tomorrow"? Mine is three weeks from yesterday.

Angela 

Just B.S.

Awww...thanks! As are you & your hubby! I see your birthday is "three weeks from tomorrow"? Mine is three weeks from yesterday.

Yeah we're OK for old people!LOL

That must have been yesterday.....cause now it's 3 weeks from today......umm I'm easily confused, does this

mean your b'day is Christmas day??LOL

Capricorns rule!!!!!!

Docket_Rocket

In person even more!

Damaris

Fundraising Page