Beginners and Beyond

OK Friday Penguins - Which One Is You? (Read 38 times)

obiebyke

Good luck, Robert!

Call me Ray (not Ishmael)

Awood_Runner

Smaller By The Day

Go get it Robert.  Not right now.  Rest right now.  Go get it on race day.  You know what I mean.

Improvements

Weight 100 pounds lost

5K 31:02 Sept. 2012 / 23:36 Sept. 2013 (Same Course)

10K 48:59 April 2013

HM 2:03:56 Nov. 2012 / 1:46:50 March 2013

MARATHON 3:57:33 Nov. 2013

SheCan

Good luck, Robert!

Rawh!  Kick arse!

Cherie

"We do not become the people who this world needs simply by turning our backs on anyone we don’t like, trust, or deem healthy enough to be in our presence. "  ---- Shasta Nelson

Zelanie

Go, Robert!

Jack K.

uʍop ǝpᴉsdn sǝʇᴉɹʍ ʇI

hog4life

Robert, I am cheering for you! Good luck.

Pad, I glanced at your log, you have the training to complete the half, don't sweat it. I had way less training for my first half and I survived, so I know you will too.

Jimmy, I busted out laughing about the shoes on your hands. Damn, it's still funny!

Jack, happy birthday to the Mrs.

Stone, welcome, stick around.

I'm up from my nap, have a few errands to run, then come back home to rest. My feet are sore, so I'm thinking I'll need to change my plan for tomorrow's half.

on my way to badass

Wow, thanks for all the warm welcomes!

I too have all the HP films.  DS  (8yo) is a fan.  We are working on Tolkien next.  I'm reading The Hobbit to him.

Four miles means I can start a training program designed to help me race better.  I have done a few 5ks.  My last one, at the end of September, made me think someone mis-measured the course.  I was faster than I expected.  On my 4 miler, I beat my 3 mile  pace by a secondConfused  How did that happen?  Maybe hill work does help.

I've got a race with my family on December 21.  5k holiday race.  Hopefully a small one.  I'm hoping my kid will get a kick out of people in costume.  Husband already said no to any kind of decoration.  I'm thinking about striped elf tights to go under my running skirt.  And a striped knitted hat.  What say you penguins?

Go Robert!

Still waiting for the perfect race picture. 5K PR-33:52 , 10K PR 1:11:16, First HM 2:42:28

tracilynn

stone, elf tights and maybe a Santa hat!

so we have 3 doing HM tomorrow?

~~~~~~~

Traci

kristin10185

Skirt Runner

Good luck Robert!!!!!

Traci it has NOT been warm here your daughter will freeze! Lol. It is supposed to be getting up into the 50s later this week but even that I think calls for a light jacket.....she should find a cute coat in a hurry! Lol.

PRs:   5K- 28:16 (5/5/13)      10K- 1:00:13 (10/27/13)    4M- 41:43 (9/7/13)   15K- 1:34:25  (8/17/13)    10M- 1:56:30 (4/6/14)     HM- 2:20:16 (4/13/14)     Full- 5:55:33 (11/1/15)

I started a blog about running :) Check it out if you care to

JerryInIL

Return To Racing

Chevy dealer opened at 8:00 and we were on the road at 8:30 with a brand new relay for our lights.  It was a challenge on a Friday rush hour finding the running store in Nashville for packet pickup, but we found it about 2 miles east of downtown.  Had a nice pasta dinner at  Demo's and walked around Broadway picking out some bars for tomorrow.   Also going to Ryman Auditorium tomorrow.  Looks like a chilly start to our race tomorrow, but should be a great day.

See y'all !!!