Beginners and Beyond

Thursdailies - Warm! (Read 40 times)

LRB

I can never run/walk as fast as I can run marathons, so I quit trying.  Meanwhile, my husband keeps PRing on the HM distance using 6:1 run/walk.

Ran 14 on the TM.

And remember the shirt I showed with Bugsy on it from INKnBURN?

I ordered for the rest of the assholes, and also got two for Lily and Daisy, the ones that passed away.  Theirs is awesome:

Hmm, I'm thinking about getting a delicious meal reprinted. Big grin

bluerun

Super B****

Finally informed my boss of my impending absence (but didn't say why).  He said, "Enjoy."  I laughed in his face.

chasing the impossible

because i never shut up ... i blog

RunningOnSand

Finally informed my boss of my impending absence (but didn't say why).  He said, "Enjoy."  I laughed in his face.

You must have a good relationship with your boss for him to be like, 'it's cool!" Also, re: your run/walk strategy: that sounds smart. And I have to echo what Whiskers said yesterday: you're fast AF.

Docket, they did a great job with those shirts. Nice way to commemorate "those assholes" (per your wording Big grin ).

Baboon, 5 days in a row of leg thrashing is crazy town. I did a harder workout yesterday and today, and with only 2 days, I can already feel the DOMS creeping in. You have my admiration.

Jay, how are your legs feeling for this weekend's race?

I did 8.2 total miles with 6x800s @ 3:40. Only, I couldn't quite nail the last 3...it was more like 3:42-3:46. I am going to be one sore MF'er tomorrow. Oy.

Werd.

Work and life have kicked my azz the past two weeks, but things are starting to settle down.  I caught up on the haps over the past few (many) daily threads, and damn.  Baboon.  That's some great racing!!!  Congrats on the PR.  I was cracking up at your remark, "Over that distance, 63 seconds is a lot."  I'm reading along, and said out loud, "No shit it's a lot!!"  Anyway, congratulations.  Also, sweet shoes.

LRB, you say many hilarious things, but abandoned made me lol.  Bert's 10K ultra comment also slayed me.

Docket, I do not like overnight oats either.  I tried making them a couple times, and it was a crap ton of calories with very little protein (I use almond milk for everything), and the texture was .  I like eggs or Greek yogurt for breakfast.  Yesterday I had both.  Second breakfast FTW.  Also, the I&B shirts are amazing.  I love them.

I actually made almond milk last week.  Twice!  I wasn't going to pay $8 for a box of kosher for passover crap, and couldn't find plain unsweetened anyway, so I spent $30 on a food processor and made my own.  Clearly my economic analytics are exceptional.  Anyway, having made it now, I understand why the almond milk doesn't have the amount of protein you think it would based on the source.  The ratio is about 4:1 cups of water to cups of almonds, so it's very diluted.  So your 20g of protein per 1 cup of almonds is going to max out at 5g for a cup of milk per approximate math.  More that that, the nuts are fairly intact after you juice them, to the point you can use the strained out nuts as almond meal if you want.  (I threw them away.  My domestic leanings only go so far.)  The process just doesn't pull out much protein.  It was delicious however, and now I have a food processor.  Next year, almond butter.

I got in my first post-marathon double digit run on Sunday, felt pretty good.  I did a double yesterday, 4 moderate tempo before work and 5 easy after work "with" the LRS group.  I say "with" because there were some guys who were around my pace, but refused to be chicked and kept cranking up their pace to prove something, so I backed off until they were about 50 yards ahead, at which point they gassed out, and I comfortably followed them to the turnaround.  Stooges.  Anyway, I was by myself for the run part, and super discouraged that peeps were straight up unfriendly like that.  My goal in this was to talk to live people as though I'm actually a part of the real world.  According to some much nicer people I chatted with after, it was a really empty week.  I'll give it another couple tries before decide whether to say phucket or pay the membership.  This morning was harsh, but got out for 4.

Docket_Rocket

Ooh, I have always wanted to make almond milk.

Now I have 7 asshole shirts, one for each day of the week.

Hershey and Trixie (my senior cats) went to the vet for their annual checkup and it looks like it went well.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Runshortii

I ran 3 miles today and my calf didn’t hurt, yay. I foam rolled the crap out of which I think helped.

Good of luck in Boston bluerun! Is anyone else here running Boston?

onemile

I ran 3 miles today and my calf didn’t hurt, yay. I foam rolled the crap out of which I think helped.

Good news.

Ginny is running Boston too

Bert-o

I lost my rama

I did a double yesterday, 4 moderate tempo before work and 5 easy after work "with" the LRS group.  I say "with" because there were some guys who were around my pace, but refused to be chicked and kept cranking up their pace to prove something, so I backed off until they were about 50 yards ahead, at which point they gassed out, and I comfortably followed them to the turnaround.  Stooges.  Anyway, I was by myself for the run part, and super discouraged that peeps were straight up unfriendly like that.  My goal in this was to talk to live people as though I'm actually a part of the real world.  According to some much nicer people I chatted with after, it was a really empty week.  I'll give it another couple tries before decide whether to say phucket or pay the membership.  This morning was harsh, but got out for 4.

First - Those guys obviously had ego issues or perhaps other small insecurities.  Probably wouldn't make for good company anyway.  Second - yeah, what's the point of running with people when you're just going to look at the backs of one another?  Sorry it's a letdown.  I don't run in groups, but I cross paths with many running groups and they're usually pretty talkative.

3/17 - NYC Half

4/28 - Big Sur Marathon  DNS

6/29 - Forbidden Forest 30 Hour

8/29 - A Race for the Ages - will be given 47 hours

Docket_Rocket

Great news!

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Half Crazy K 2.0

4.4 miles. At least today it was a warm wind.

The B&B weekend meetup is in Atlantic City.

bluerun

Super B****

You must have a good relationship with your boss for him to be like, 'it's cool!" Also, re: your run/walk strategy: that sounds smart. And I have to echo what Whiskers said yesterday: you're fast AF.

He’s just very absentminded and forgets everything so had I told him earlier he would have just said to remind him on Friday!  He may be less cool with it when I inform him I’m taking off the whole following week, but that’s too bad.  😁

chasing the impossible

bluerun

Super B****

LawyerMom — you can use Greek yogurt to make overnight oats instead of just almond milk.  I like it best that way.  Also, I made almond butter a few years ago and then remembered I prefer pretty much any other nut butter to that but I had expended so much effort, I had to finish it.

chasing the impossible

bluerun

Super B****

Yay for not hurting!  And thanks, I feel like I am going to need it.

chasing the impossible

Coastal

I've thought of making almond milk.  My sister used to do it, but every time I end up just going to the store for it and end up making almond butter - peanut butter blend instead.

Docket -- those shirts sure came out really nice.

Got in 3 miles on the TM, then did some leg stuff.  PT dismissed me but gave me some heavy eccentric leg work.  Started it and tried not to over do it and trigger DOMS.  The last week had been busy.  Knew it would be hectic week and it turned out that way.  Finally got in a run tonight.  3 miles on the TM.   Hope to get in a few miles this weekend and get back to regular running.