Beginners and Beyond

Fanfaronade Friday Penguins! (Read 26 times)

Awood_Runner

Smaller By The Day

Lunch with customers soon. Still alive.  Will try to catch up later.

Improvements

Weight 100 pounds lost

5K 31:02 Sept. 2012 / 23:36 Sept. 2013 (Same Course)

10K 48:59 April 2013

HM 2:03:56 Nov. 2012 / 1:46:50 March 2013

MARATHON 3:57:33 Nov. 2013

Dad on the run.

Anyone tried the new Brook Ghost v6?

Chasing the sub 20 5K.

Docket_Rocket

Anyone tried the new Brook Ghost v6?

My husband runs in the 5s and 6s.  he loves both but says the 6 are lighter.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

Good luck with your 100% without a doubt run today, Jimmy!  And with the back and legs work.   Your sister is on a volleyball team?  College?

Dang, PAD, those are some hills!  Treat your legs nice the rest of they day, they earned it.

Yes, Zelanie, I've done this race before so am familiar with the hills.   So after the hills on Monday and with the hills coming on Saturday, my  Wed and Thurs runs were very easy and done on flat roads and trails.  Nice you got some rain, anyway.  We are just getting teased around here.  Really dark clouds yesterday evening, and then it ends up raining very lightly for all of about 10 minutes...sheesh!  C'mon, Mother Nature, we're in a drought here, give us some water!

Good luck with your busy day, HsM!  And Go Cavaliers!  Sorry your knees are still bothering you.

Why in the world would you stand on a nail, Coralie?  Is that some kind of new therapy thing?  Wink OK, I'm assuming you did not do it on purpose.  So..OUCH!  Good luck with your run today, hope your foot feels better and behaves for your run!

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

4 miles and it was 59 DEGREES!!!!! Amazing!

Shut up!  Wink    It's flippin' 92 degrees in San Antonio right now.

Still alive?  You been feeling ill, Awood? Have a great weekend!

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt

hog4life

Hi guys! Quick check in. 5.3 last night with the NOBO class, today is RD, and looking for 12 LR tomorrow with a group of 5-6 people. If I have to peel off a little early, then that'll be okay.

Dad on the run.

Scotty - no she is playing for the Y. She tried out for the school team but didnt make it so mom signed her up at the Y to get some experience and try again. She will be 13 this month so no college. And for those wondering she is my full blooded sister Smile

Chasing the sub 20 5K.

Amazonian Princess

Newb Mistake #119: Running in the dark with a plan so that others can see me, but with no plan how the heck I'LL see the road.

Wednesday night there was nothing good in the house for dinner and I wanted to run after using the elliptical and stationary bike so DH and I geared up to hit the grocery store, me on foot and him on his bike with a backpack. By the time we were ready to head back from the store it was full dark so I turned on the blinky armbands he bought me a few weeks ago so that I could be seen by others, but I couldn't see a thing in the loooong gaps between streetlights. Knucklights have been ordered.

Thank you, HsM for your perspective on run and run/walk. You are absolutely right that it doesn't matter if I run or if I run/walk - and Awood, you're right that I CAN mix it up! As long as I'm moving and feeling good about it, there's no need to label it Big grin

I can. I will. I am. 

Jack K.

uʍop ǝpᴉsdn sǝʇᴉɹʍ ʇI

Hi Pens...

Late check in today...  I read everything but no time for the personals.  Yesterday's run knocked me on my butt! 10 miles is not so bad but in the heat... BLEH!!!  Today my legs are tired and it's a good job I have a SRD, I really need it.  Tomorrow I have XC practice with DD in the cool hours of the morning so my 5 mile recovery run should be nice. On Sunday I have a 16 miler planned, my longest run to date.  So far, so good on the marathon training.

Have a great weekend, Pens.

PADRunner

Dang, PAD, those are some hills!  Treat your legs nice the rest of they day, they earned it.

Yea, I need to. I just saw another 5k I want to run tomorrow at Cowboys (AT&T) Stadium, finish on the 50.

For those who haven't seen the Back to Football Run Series. There are still some runs tomorrow and next week.

kristin10185

Skirt Runner

PS-- I have a 4 mile race tomorrow. I am not going all out, I am primarily doing it for the cause (Autism Speaks)... but I am still hoping for a PR (44:46)...since I have never "raced" a 4M my PR is very soft, so I am more than confident I can smash it without exhausting myself.

PRs:   5K- 28:16 (5/5/13)      10K- 1:00:13 (10/27/13)    4M- 41:43 (9/7/13)   15K- 1:34:25  (8/17/13)    10M- 1:56:30 (4/6/14)     HM- 2:20:16 (4/13/14)     Full- 5:55:33 (11/1/15)

I started a blog about running :) Check it out if you care to

kristin10185

Skirt Runner

Yea, I need to. I just saw another 5k I want to run tomorrow at Cowboys (AT&T) Stadium, finish on the 50.

For those who haven't seen the Back to Football Run Series. There are still some runs tomorrow and next week.

BOOO COWBOYS GO GIANTS!

PRs:   5K- 28:16 (5/5/13)      10K- 1:00:13 (10/27/13)    4M- 41:43 (9/7/13)   15K- 1:34:25  (8/17/13)    10M- 1:56:30 (4/6/14)     HM- 2:20:16 (4/13/14)     Full- 5:55:33 (11/1/15)

I started a blog about running :) Check it out if you care to

Dad on the run.

Tried on a pair of Ghost 6, super comfy, get home run in them and only .5 miles into my run I feel like someone is jamming a knife into the ball of my right foot... back to Dicks I go....

Chasing the sub 20 5K.

Docket_Rocket

Tried on a pair of Ghost 6, super comfy, get home run in them and only .5 miles into my run I feel like someone is jamming a knife into the ball of my right foot... back to Dicks I go....

Ugh.  Sorry about that.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Jack K.

uʍop ǝpᴉsdn sǝʇᴉɹʍ ʇI

Silly question but were they too small? Different brands different fit.