Beginners and Beyond

Slothful Saturdailies (Read 41 times)

No more marathons

This is what I read. Have a Ten Fidy for me. And presumably some kind of congrats are in order.

Love me some Ten Fidy  but all they had was most of their lighter ales.  So I went with a Pinner.

2nd in age - got crushed by the guy who won the 2014 M60 USTF Outdoor Championships 5000 with a time of 17:23.

Talked to him after the race - said he ran sub 14's back in college.

Shit - further research:   http://www.runnersworld.com/masters/tom-mccormack-is-swift-at-60

MTA:  Current US record holder in the 60-64 age group in 5K and 12K road races.

Boston 2014 - a 33 year journey

Lordy,  I hope there are tapes. 

He's a leaker!

Cyberic

The way you train, that's not completely out of the realm of possibilities. Not saying next month but at some point, why the hell not.

I believe it might be possible also, in 2-3 years, maybe, if I keep at it... If I do not get injured or simply get sick of it, that's what I'll be aiming at in the future. I'll probably stop marathon training for a while and aim at a 1:26 HM for a two year period. When (if) I can do that, then I'll train hard for a cycle and go for sub 3. It's 6:52 pace for 26.2 miles. It does seem feasible.

But for next month, I still don't know what I'll go for, but I am 100% certain it won't be sub 3   Won't be 3:05 either.

MTA: It is also very possible I don't do well in Boston. One thing I learned around here is that shit happens in a marathon.

workinprogress11

6 miles.

wcrunner2

Are we there, yet?

I didn't quite make it to the threshold that I consider a long run, but I'll take the 8 miles anyway. Didn't feel nearly as tired as I expected, but I started getting really chilled as the temp dropped at dusk.

2024 Races:

03/09 - Livingston Oval Ultra 6-Hour, 22.88 miles

05/11 - D3 50K
                05/25 - What the Duck 12-Hour

06/17 - 6 Days in the Dome 12-Hour.

I just mowed my lawn.

Dave

Docket_Rocket

I ran 9.50 with hubby.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Cyberic

I just mowed my lawn.

Gonna be a long summer