Beginners and Beyond

2020 Dailies #6 (Read 34 times)

LRB

I remember that too 

I fell for the okie doke, then got caught in an avalanche!

onemile

I fell for the okie doke, then got caught in an avalanche!

I have already declared I don't care what it does after Jan 19.  So be warned 

Docket_Rocket

I think mostly people are terrified of change and any politician is afraid to admit that taxes will go up with Medicare  for all(this is death) even though overall costs will go down. People can only hear the first part.

^ This. Even if in the end, people would end up paying less with the taxes than now, they go waaaahhhh every time someone mentions taxes. Even though we are paying the lowest taxes in our history (there were times when the richest paid 70% - the world didn't end and the economy was good, fancy that!). Anyway, it's like the boogie man.

Onemile, awesome. Enjoy the taper. So far, January has been nice to run/train as well.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

bluerun

Super B****

Thanks for the clarification. I don't see not liking it happening. The path has been laid and I'm on it. The only question most likely will be how deep will I delve into it. 💫

Did they sell you a bunch of gear while you're at it?? Because I think that's how I fell into it... spend all that money, then you have to spend more money to justify having spent the money. It's a never-ending cycle 

chasing the impossible

because i never shut up ... i blog

bluerun

Super B****

Bluerun - I'd like to do the shallow dive. My aunt was a diver and talked about the beauty underwater an I used to love documentaries about life under water (I.e. Cousteau). I've never had the money or opportunity to do anything like that though. On vacation, I always head to the mountains, not the sea. That could change, though I don't think my husband would be all that interested.

St. Lucia!

chasing the impossible

bluerun

Super B****

And while we're at it (though replace the facial expression with something suitably murderous)

chasing the impossible

LRB

Did they sell you a bunch of gear while you're at it?? Because I think that's how I fell into it... spend all that money, then you have to spend more money to justify having spent the money. It's a never-ending cycle 

No, the equipment is provided, I just show up. I'm thinking about doing my cert in the Keys in May, is that okay?

bluerun

Super B****

No, the equipment is provided, I just show up. I'm thinking about doing my cert in the Keys in May, is that okay?

There’s no such thing as bad diving! Key Largo? I only actually went diving there once — the first time I tried I met Damaris and flew home because Mother Nature. It was February the next time and I froze, but May shouldn’t be too bad. Just make sure to vet the dive operator.

chasing the impossible

Docket_Rocket

May should be good.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

LRB

Half Crazy K 2.0

90 minutes on the treadmill.

Docket, glad your parents are ok.

RunningOnSand

sdWhiskers

1 mile on the TM before strength at the gym. Normally not a TM person, but it was almost 80 here today.

wolvmar

UM 45 Ohio 23

^ This. Even if in the end, people would end up paying less with the taxes than now, they go waaaahhhh every time someone mentions taxes. Even though we are paying the lowest taxes in our history (there were times when the richest paid 70% - the world didn't end and the economy was good, fancy that!). Anyway, it's like the boogie man.

yes and yes