Beginners and Beyond

RR- Flying Pig - 26.2 (May 5th 2013) (Read 144 times)

JerryInIL

Return To Racing

Congrats Tomas on your "Amazing Race".

MrNamtor

Tomas, you're going to have to explain the 27 yo woman thing (maybe you have already, I didn't read all the posts here yet), but man, you are definitely an inspiration.  2 marathons in 13 months is heroic for a "novice".

Congrats on your run man! As you know I am familiar with your part of the country. Chicago is almost as flat. I definitely feel you on the hill thing. My strategy is to only run races in chicago, so yes, I'm a chicken shit.

But you are the opposite of chicken shit, whatever that is. Keep on going. Looking forward to seeing what you do in the future.

Rondog65

Great job Thomas, thanks for sharing.

Ron's PRs 5K 24:14 (12/07/2013); Half Marathon 1:53:33 (5/26/2013)

Tomas, you're going to have to explain the 27 yo woman thing (maybe you have already, I didn't read all the posts here yet), but man, you are definitely an inspiration.  2 marathons in 13 months is heroic for a "novice".

Congrats on your run man! As you know I am familiar with your part of the country. Chicago is almost as flat. I definitely feel you on the hill thing. My strategy is to only run races in chicago, so yes, I'm a chicken shit.

But you are the opposite of chicken shit, whatever that is. Keep on going. Looking forward to seeing what you do in the future.

Thanks man.

One of the girls I met and drove with from Chicago had an extra hub for the 5k. She let me have it. Te hub was registered to her. She is 27. So the bib shows that I was a 27 yr old girl from LA.

”Failing to prepare is preparing to fail.”

“Whether you think you can, or you think you can't--you're right.”

Tomas

flats

turtle runner eximious

Great job Tomas!

It took me 5 years worth of running before I had the courage to tackle my first 26.2. You are way ahead of the curve, and I partly blame your sister.

It looks like we will both be training for fall marathons, looking forward to training with you.

Michael

Great job Tomas!

It took me 5 years worth of running before I had the courage to tackle my first 26.2. You are way ahead of the curve, and I partly blame your sister.

It looks like we will both be training for fall marathons, looking forward to training with you.

I think going from couch to marathon too fast plays a part in me not gaining much speed. I would think the natural progression of shorter distances and more time running leads to overall better results. I am dumb and hardheaded about some stuff; i had a plan and I wasn't going to let others talk me out of it. Smile

My sister is a bad influence in a good way.

Tomas

Just B.S.

Great job Tomas!

Looks like both of you were ahead of me. It took me 10 years,  at almost age 49, and 16 half's

and seeing hubby run about 10 fulls before I ran what I said would be me "one and done". I

guess hubby and all the peer pressure from  my marathon friends asking when I was going to

run 26.2 just wore me down.Big grin

However I must have enjoyed it as  #6 in 30 months is coming up this weekend.

Great job Tomas! You did awesome and I love your pics!!  You have had an inspiring transformation

from couch to marathon!

Goorun

Tomas, congrats on #2! I hope to do my first in December. Is that your sis in the last pic? The travel with strangers was weird, but says something great about runners! So cool.

I didn't read RR yet, just looked at the pictures. Is the "Charmin station at the Expo" picture related to the excellent #2 ? It does look like it.Wink

Slow and steady never wins anything.

happylily

I didn't read RR yet, just looked at the pictures. Is the "Charmin station at the Expo" picture related to the excellent #2 ? It does look like it.Wink

LOL...

I'm still laughing at my own joke, "Prince Charmin" on his throne...  But no one noticed it... People, wake up!!! That was funny! Big grin

PRs: Boston Marathon, 3:27, April 15th 2013

Cornwall Half-Marathon, 1:35, April 27th 2013

18 marathons, 18 BQs since 2010

JerryInIL

Return To Racing

Did you invite your new "RP's" to the BF?

Goo- I wish I was that smart, or creative. Wink

I don't know why charmin had a big crapper there, but my sister said get on it and I will take a picture. Too bad they didn't have charmin samples in little baggies for the ports potties.

Lilly- that was a good joke. "prince charmin"

Tomas

BruceD555

What an adventure and a great race to boot! Congrats on a fine race and the post-race pictures of you and your sis are awesome.

Train smart ... race smarter.

Pinktastic

Way to go, Tomas!   I think it's awesome that you and your sister both ran.  I think it's super impressive that you've been able to accomplish so much in your running journey in just the 13 months that you've been running!!   Keep up the Pinktacular work!!   Loved the pics - thanks for sharing!!

But The Smile That I Sent Out Returned With You.

Way to go, Tomas!   I think it's awesome that you and your sister both ran.  I think it's super impressive that you've been able to accomplish so much in your running journey in just the 13 months that you've been running!!   Keep up the Pinktacular work!!   Loved the pics - thanks for sharing!!

My sister is crazy - I live in Texas and she lives in north carolina and we have run 3 races together this year. We did the Houston Marathon in Jan, in april I did a 25k and she did a 50k, and then this race. She says she has a job so she can pay for races Smile

Tomas

Zelanie

Tomas- I am so happy for you that you've completed two full marathons already!  This one sounds like such an adventure even getting there that I'm sure it will be a great memory and family story, even after you've run a dozen!