Beginners and Beyond

2013 Disney Marathon FE Thread (Read 381 times)

You Rang?

So.... how many of us from RWOL have found their way over here?  

http://forums.runnersworld.com/forums/runner-communities/beginners/disney-marathon-2012-fe-thread?plckForumPostOnPage=10

Rick 

PR: 5k 25:01 (10/15) 10k: 57:44 (7/14) HM: 1:57 (5/15) FM: 4:55 (1/15)

fourouta5

Healed Hammy

I am here Rick, and funny to say I am in Disney World Right now.  Leaving tomorrow for the cold Philly area and 40 deg weather.  Been cold here, but to a Floridian cold is in the 50's.  Looking forward to meeting you soon.

George

Docket_Rocket

Reporting for duty!

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

crazyrunninglady

Warrior Princess

I was at Disney last week - it was cold!

Christian is ambivalating (is that a word?) about joining me.  He mostly wanted to see Christa go for another top 5 finish but now that she's expecting, she's not doing the marathon.  So he feels the need to ask - Do BFers care if he is there or not?  He is torn as to whether to come or stay home and do the trail race.

Mira has been working very hard on her nighttime photography trying to convince her Dad to let her go to the marathon.  She wasn't worried about waking up early (Dad is.)  She was worried about whether or not she'd get good shots.

Depending on road closures, we will definately be on Florida Ave outside the Grand Floridian (around mile 7.)  In theory, we can park in the self park area across from the hotel, eat at the hotel and then wait on the side of the road for runners, then hop the monorail to the finish.  Yes, these were the things I devoted mental energy to while on vacation...

You Rang?

OK!  I'll ross post here what I posted to the spam laden RWOL.  I've asked the banquet manager for a table for 15 at 5:00 pm on January 12th.  I'm awaiting further instructions from her, and will let you know what she says.

Rick

Rick 

Ball of Fury

I'm here!  I promise I will let you know ASAP about the FE....keep forgetting to talk to DH.

PRs:  5K 22:59, 10K 46:54,HM: 1:51:15

I am tentatively here. We are actually now in the maybe category, as we might not be flying to Florida at all. I should know something later in the week.

You Rang?

Well, Gang... I'm now the proud owner of a reservation for 15 at the Ragland Road - Downtown Disney at 5:00 pm on January 12, 2013.

ragland road

Rick 

You Rang?

Re: Disney Marathon 2013 FE Thread

Head Count:

Mary-2 people

Amy Lynn - 2 people

RIck - 3 people

George - TBD

Ray - 1 person

Damaris - 0-2 people

Lara - 1 to 3 people

Mary stated in the RWOL BF spam-o-rama forum that she was going to create a face book group for us under the name RWBF Disney Marathon.  Search after 9:00 pm EST.

Rick 

fourouta5

Healed Hammy

Hi Rick:

Just wanted to bump this thread.

Looks like I am in for 1 for the FE.  My wife is not keen on coralling my 14 & 10 yr olds for the duration, nor listening to runners talk about running, lol.  I really am looking forward to meeting everyone, this is my first race and first race experience.

Thanks for making the reservation.

BTW.  I was in Disney for Thanksgiving, staying at OKW.  On turkey day I took a 5 mile run which included all of Downtown Disney.  Nary a soul on site, it was odd running through the entire length with no stores open, no workers, no one.  Only thing breathing was about 60 folks lined up at the Pin Trading booth all the way at the east end.  Guess they were selling a special edition pin?

Keep up the training, 45 days or so left.

Ball of Fury

Re: Disney Marathon 2013 FE Thread

Head Count:

Mary-2 people

Amy Lynn - 2 people

RIck - 3 people

George - TBD

Ray - 1 person

Damaris - 0-2 people

Lara - 1 to 3 people

Mary stated in the RWOL BF spam-o-rama forum that she was going to create a face book group for us under the name RWBF Disney Marathon.  Search after 9:00 pm EST.

Went to the facebook page, but it says it is a closed group and I couldn't find an option to ask to join?

PRs:  5K 22:59, 10K 46:54,HM: 1:51:15

Docket_Rocket

Went to the facebook page, but it says it is a closed group and I couldn't find an option to ask to join?

I don't think it's a group.  It was a page to like.  Unless I was not invited to the new one, sniff.

What type of food do they serve at the Raglan?  I am still most likely a no, but will know by the end of the December.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Docket_Rocket

Damaris

Fundraising Page

crazyrunninglady

Warrior Princess

Sorry, I am out.  Christian has a trail race that day that I forgot about.

D, they have a vegetable risotto there. 

I am unfortunately out, as I’ve switched marathons. Will miss meeting you all.