Beginners and Beyond

Short RANT! (Read 386 times)

Robert31320

Team TJ

I JUST FINISHED TYPING A LOT OF SHIT FOR WORK AND CLOSED THE FILE WITHOUT SAVING IT!!!  WHAT THE FUCK WAS I THINKING...........OBVIOUSLY NOT USING MY BRAIN Angry

DAMN IT, MAN..

Running for TJ because he can't.

FlippyNoodle

Not a dude

I do that often. Can you recover it?

sugnim

Ouch.  That stinks.  Sorry to hear it.  It's good to get a little OCD about hitting [CTRL]+S every minute or so.

xor

God smiles upon software developers smart enough to add autosave to their products.

delicate flower

Admin Assistant, son.

<3

Robert31320

Team TJ

I do that often. Can you recover it?

Nope, it's on a web based database and once you navigate away from the page...it's done.  The sucky part is, I type about 15 wpm so it's gonna take a while to re-do it and it all came from memory.  Now my memory is all pissed off cloudy...

LRB

Add it to the list of things that you wish you could change, but are gone forever. 

Like letting someone who has been trying to get over cut in front of you in traffic, only to have them not wave thanks.

LRS

Chasing Muses

Thanks for this! It reminded me to save the Excel Hell I've been working on all day.

Samurai in Training

I often work inside some web based databases that have text fields that require a great deal of text.  I tend to answer them in Word so I can spell check and have it available when this type of stuff happens.

aponi

never runs the tangents

That is your cue to go home for the day.

I'm very smug personally. I figured out something really complicated so I'm too full of myself to do any more work today.

“Do what I do. Hold tight and pretend it’s a plan!” Doctor Who

@runjerseygirl

Werd.  We make your lives so much easier. Wink 

Admin Assistant, son.

Do you even run?

Jess runs for bacon

That is your cue to go home for the day.

I'm very smug personally. I figured out something really complicated so I'm too full of myself to do any more work today.

I just want to shrink you and put you in my pocket. Weird?

Gator eye

I just want to shrink you and put you in my pocket. Weird?

Carefull, you could end up with weird shit in your pocket.Big grin

Robert31320

Team TJ

Werd.  We make your lives so much easier. Wink 

Not in every case.  We have two such characters here that over-complicate the day with excuse-filled laziness.

Robert31320

Team TJ

I saved it this time.  I think I'll go outside now....Clown