Beginners and Beyond

MonDAILIES: The calm after the storm (Read 40 times)

Slymoon Runs

race obsessed

No. You will stress out more as the race gets closer.

Naw... I'm not stressed at all...

can I please just vomit and get it over... JFC...

LRB

FMP and got it:

The artwork itself is worth the price of a bottle!

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

Scotty :  Smile 60 minutes doesn't make the cut to qualify as a long run anymore.  It might qualify again some day though.

Ended running in real cool weather with only a T-Shirt and shorts. It was a little cold for a slow-ish run so I did my intervals today.

6 x 500m-ish at Interval pace with... 2 minutes rest between. That's a lot of rest, but I pride myself in being a slacker Big grin

Yeah, when you get old and decrepit like me....

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

And a 25 cent fine will be assessed for each day overdue.

Will that fine be in Canadian money or real money? 

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt

B-Plus

The artwork itself is worth the price of a bottle!

It's obvious these weren't cheap!

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

I am getting a huge kick out of the marathon videos on youtube....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3ItnxJLAOeY

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ncsTy6hIQCk

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NsMw10KVVCk

I am really excited, and nervous...... and I have a feeling I might throw up a few times next week....... lol

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

Jack K.

uʍop ǝpᴉsdn sǝʇᴉɹʍ ʇI

FMP and got it:

What is "FMP" and I need to get up there to try some of that.  Also, 5.2 miles with 6 strides are done. It's getting better all the time.

B-Plus

What is "FMP" and I need to get up there to try some of that.  Also, 5.2 miles with 6 strides are done. It's getting better all the time.

I don't have anything that starts with a P to finger, so just fixed my post. Better hurry, only once a year and will sell out quickly.

LRB

I am really excited, and nervous...... and I have a feeling I might throw up a few times next week....... lol

Get a hold of yourself, it's just a race that is twice as long as your longest race.  It's not like you are having the Obamas over for dinner.  lmao

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

One other thing I am going to remember for this race, rather than zigzagging in the very beginning... I am going to take the cue and use it as an excuse/reason not to go out fast. Normally I find myself zigzagging around people for the first mile.

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

FS, an unrelated note: generally one only has a single PR for a given distance, rather than a PR and a New PR. Just sayin'.

Dave

Jack K.

uʍop ǝpᴉsdn sǝʇᴉɹʍ ʇI

Get a hold of yourself, it's just a race that is twice as long as your longest race.  It's not like you are having the Obamas over for dinner.  lmao

I would also throw up if Obama was coming for dinner but I get your point. FS, listen to LRB; the man knows what he is talking about.