Beginners and Beyond

SaturDAILIES: Wha cha gonna do when they come for you (Read 20 times)

Half Crazy K 2.0

Ugh, I get those at least every two weeks now that I live somewhere less humid. Not as bad as yours sound, oy.

I'm wondering if it's a side effect from flonase.  I stopped using it in November after the first nosebleed, but started again with spring allergy season.

Cyberic

I figure I have a window of only a few years before I'm too slow for him....

Both my kids would have the potential to be way better than me in running if they actually liked it. But it's way too boring.

sdWhiskers

I figure I have a window of only a few years before I'm too slow for him....

My kid turns 8 next week. He can beat me at any race < 1 min but I got the longer stuff 

He ran a 5k in 2019 without stopping but that was definitely tough.

Docket_Rocket

I'm wondering if it's a side effect from flonase.  I stopped using it in November after the first nosebleed, but started again with spring allergy season.

It is one of the side effects. I get them more in the Winter though, when the air is super dry. And at the beginning of allergy season.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Docket_Rocket

I did an hour of Pilates on the reformer and I'm sore, ha. Slightly out of shape on it.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

My kid turns 8 next week. He can beat me at any race < 1 min but I got the longer stuff 

LOL, he’s the kid at the front of the 5k who blows past everyone at the start, and then burns out 200m later. 

Speaking of longer stuff. I mentioned my full Saturday morning running group, which had been on COVID hiatus, was re-convening today. I opted out, to be safe. Maybe next week—that’ll be 2 weeks after shot 1, so I’ll have some extra immunity, and I can still be masking/distancing. Met up with my regular mini-group, only 3 today. One guy cut it short & turned around after 5-6, the other guy was going 13. But at 9 he said he wanted to slow down, and he was already kind of going too slow for me; I was planning on 16-18 anyway, so we split up at that point. I ended up doing 20, because why not. Not a phenomenal pace, but the second half when I was on my own was much faster than the first. 

On my way home, stopped at Krispy Kreme for my free vaccine donut. But brought it home for DD.

Dave

onemile

I ended up doing 20, because why not. Not a phenomenal pace, but the second half when I was on my own was much faster than the first. 

nice. I am supposed to do one of those tomorrow 

nice. I am supposed to do one of those tomorrow 

Oh man you are having a week! Honestly for me it wasn’t bad, just kept plugging away. The slower first half probably helped. No water or gels, mainly because I wasn’t planning on 20.

Dave

sdWhiskers

LOL, he’s the kid at the front of the 5k who blows past everyone at the start, and then burns out 200m later. 

I hope not! When we run together, we talk about not running like a cheetah until the end. He has run two 1 mile races and while definitely a positive split it wasn't too bad.

Docket_Rocket

Ran 2 and so far, the knee feels good. It was 74F and the lungs didn't feel good. I started coughing in PR (heat and humidity) so hoping it's that and not Covid.

Damaris

Fundraising Page

LRB

Ooh, post pictures of your pottery!

Chose to paint a dragon instead (I couldn't pass it up!). They'll bake it and get it back to me in a week or so.

Docket_Rocket

Ooh, I love it!

Damaris

Fundraising Page