Beginners and Beyond

Another "Running is BAD" Post (Read 167 times)

Don't call me Buttercup!

I started running because someone told me it would make my uterus fall out.  So far, no luck. Joking

Slow and steady wins the....  wait a second! I've been lied to! 

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

I started running because someone told me it would make my uterus fall out.  So far, no luck. Joking

I want to know what idiot started this rumor?? I assume it was a male... no offense guys.

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

Awood_Runner

Smaller By The Day

The one thing about the article that I do find believable is that there are girls at his gym that he considers fat, that have his phone number.  Everybody has a friend like that.  He assumes that she has low self esteem, and give her his phone number.

Improvements

Weight 100 pounds lost

5K 31:02 Sept. 2012 / 23:36 Sept. 2013 (Same Course)

10K 48:59 April 2013

HM 2:03:56 Nov. 2012 / 1:46:50 March 2013

MARATHON 3:57:33 Nov. 2013

SheCan

For sure!

I'm way too stubborn to even care when people who are obviously out of shape tell me how bad exercise is.  I'm going to do what I'm going to do.  I found this website today when looking up some information:  http://fitnessnothealth.wordpress.com/

I almost laughed at how absurd their science and diagrams were.  Me, I'll just keep doing like my hero Beth does!

Yeah cause nobody wants to look like this heading for age 52 and another marathon in 19 days. 

Then a triathlon a few weeks later.Big grin Cause that would just suck.

Running sucks. It keeps you full of energry, healthy and fit and a size 2 when most of your peers are

overweight and complaining about their aching knees.

I used to be 38, 40lbs overweight, sluggish and unhappy with my body and my health headed for a

bad place. Now that was BAD.

Sorry, couldn't help myself.   People are buttheads. Nuff said.

Cherie

"We do not become the people who this world needs simply by turning our backs on anyone we don’t like, trust, or deem healthy enough to be in our presence. "  ---- Shasta Nelson

Hip Redux

For sure!

I'm way too stubborn to even care when people who are obviously out of shape tell me how bad exercise is.  I'm going to do what I'm going to do.  I found this website today when looking up some information:  http://fitnessnothealth.wordpress.com/

I almost laughed at how absurd their science and diagrams were.  Me, I'll just keep doing like my hero Beth does!

Other great gems on that website!  Like...

The Human Body – What is it? 
            Why Men Have Breasts
            Cellulite? Cellulite is NOT FAT
            Fitness CAUSES Heart Attacks

FSocks

KillJoyFuckStick

The key to this guy's "research",

"And as his clients and readers of The Carb Nite Solution and Carb Back-Loading will attest, his results are the absolute best in the business."

He's bagging on running because he wants to sell you his "solution."

You people have issues 

LRB

Why Men Have Breasts

For those days when two just won't do?  Because four is more?  Our answer to "Not tonight honey"?

Hip Redux

This popped up on my FB feed.  Seemed appropriate.

NYT Article

LRB

This popped up on my FB feed.  Seemed appropriate.

NYT Article

How about a summary for the attention disabled.

Hip Redux

How about a summary for the attention disabled.

Basically - don't listen to the media reporting on "science".   I assume this also counts for "blogs".

LRB

Basically - don't listen to the media reporting on "science".   I assume this also counts for "blogs".

Thanks!  I actually never clicked on the link in the OP either, oops!

Better I Leave

It's amazing, but not entirely surprising, the crap people will believe to justify their lifestyle choices. A couple colleagues the other day told me, after finding out that I was going in for hernia surgery, that I'm pushing myself too hard. Bicep tear last year, hernia now and they tell me I should take it easy. Keep in mind that these guys are candidates (if not already) for heart disease and/or diabetes. Thanks but no thanks guys. You can keep your bag of chips and remotes...In the meantime, I'll keep running and lifting. Smile