Beginners and Beyond

Stressed out Saturday Penguins (Read 24 times)

Sloooow.

Feeling the title today!

Zelanie, what kind of teacher are you? I have a terrible memory. My oldest just started K, and I'm stressed out already. I can't imagine the stress teachers go through. Enjoy your 5!

Jack, sounds like a nice 4.

Traci, the treadmill is very boring, but good for you for getting a run in on vacation!

Awood, that sounds like an amazing run! I bet it will make so much difference to you once the cooler weather starts.

Mitch, congrats on being right in the middle of your goal! How is your foot doing?

AFM, very stressed out. August was going to be a tough month for us, so much to do. I have an extremely low stress tolerance level. I had a hospital appointment on Thursday. The doctor spent an hour working on my ear before she could get a good look, then asked to get another resident to look. She wants me to have a CT scan and talked about a third surgery. Driving from the hospital, I got a call from them telling me my CT appointment is scheduled for Tuesday. Why so quick? Now I'm worrying. I'm hosting a pity party soon, I'm pretty depressed about being so sick, now my ear again.

POSITIVE! I did 3.2 miles today, no walking. I felt pretty good, just very fatigued as normal for my illness recovery.

Docket_Rocket

Hi, guys.  I have 8 miles in a few minutes.  Waiting to see if the temps go down from 95F/75DP.  Bah.  At least it's cloudy so I don't get that fire ball in the sky to boot.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Docket_Rocket

Boo.  Hope everything works out OK.

Feeling the title today!

Zelanie, what kind of teacher are you? I have a terrible memory. My oldest just started K, and I'm stressed out already. I can't imagine the stress teachers go through. Enjoy your 5!

Jack, sounds like a nice 4.

Traci, the treadmill is very boring, but good for you for getting a run in on vacation!

Awood, that sounds like an amazing run! I bet it will make so much difference to you once the cooler weather starts.

Mitch, congrats on being right in the middle of your goal! How is your foot doing?

AFM, very stressed out. August was going to be a tough month for us, so much to do. I have an extremely low stress tolerance level. I had a hospital appointment on Thursday. The doctor spent an hour working on my ear before she could get a good look, then asked to get another resident to look. She wants me to have a CT scan and talked about a third surgery. Driving from the hospital, I got a call from them telling me my CT appointment is scheduled for Tuesday. Why so quick? Now I'm worrying. I'm hosting a pity party soon, I'm pretty depressed about being so sick, now my ear again.

POSITIVE! I did 3.2 miles today, no walking. I felt pretty good, just very fatigued as normal for my illness recovery.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Hey all,

5 miles done this morning and 2 minute plank after lunch. I keep getting these awful headaches on running days. I think I need to hydrate more.

Damaris - Enjoy your run. It was 91% humidity and 72 degrees at 6AM when I ran. Ick. But at least it was sorta cool. Right now it is sunny, hot, and so, so humid. I'm glad I got my run done before the sun started its torturous beat down. Whew!

Coralie - Hang in there! I like that you threw some positives in there at the end. I'm rooting for you from MN!

Traci - Enjoy that vacation!

hog4life

Coralie, keep your head up. Stressing over things is not worth the worry, you just face the obstacle and do the best you can.

My foot is feeling much better, thank you for asking.

Docket_Rocket

You probably have less humidity in the mornings. We have less humidity in the afternoons, except during the Wonderful Month of August.  Bah!

I am not tired of whining!Joking

8 miles done.

Hey all,

5 miles done this morning and 2 minute plank after lunch. I keep getting these awful headaches on running days. I think I need to hydrate more.

Damaris - Enjoy your run. It was 91% humidity and 72 degrees at 6AM when I ran. Ick. But at least it was sorta cool. Right now it is sunny, hot, and so, so humid. I'm glad I got my run done before the sun started its torturous beat down. Whew!

Coralie - Hang in there! I like that you threw some positives in there at the end. I'm rooting for you from MN!

Traci - Enjoy that vacation!

Damaris

Fundraising Page

Zelanie

2:00 plank done.

Coralie- I teach bilingual reading (Spanish/English) K-5th.  It's a different sort of stress since I don't have my own classroom anymore, but still stressful.  Congrats on having a Kinder!  That is a fun (but tiring!) age.  Congrats on running 3.2! Smile  At least with your ear, going in soon means less time to wait and worry.  Hopefully it's nothing, they had a cancellation or something.

Mickey- Hopefulyl more hydration does the trick!

Mitch- Glad the foot is feeling better!

JerryInIL

Return To Racing

Slow 3x1mile recovery run.  1:05 elbow plank after my hip exercises tonight.

Hope the CT goes well Coralie.