Beginners and Beyond

TuesDAILIES - One... (Read 30 times)

Docket_Rocket

The same I can say about people just walking the sidewalks here without any headphones.  I have scared a lot of people even after coughing, saying excuse me three times, and then just passing them.  One lady almost fell to the grass beside us once.  Well deserved...

5 miles done.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Cyberic

A good challenge for me. I found some good ones on there

Cyberic

Double post

If the Washington Post has a yearly contest, I wonder why I have been seeing this exact same list for at least a decade.

Dave

Speaking of inconsiderate people - during my 20-miler on Sunday, on a paved running/biking trail, I was charged by an unleashed German Shepherd at full speed from about 50 yards away. No damage, I guess the guy just wanted to play and run with me. But of course you don't know what's going to happen till they reach you. He didn't really have a feel for personal space, so I almost tripped over him. The owner was yelling the whole time. Including after I got past her and the dog was still with me for a while. JHC. Keep your dog on a leash.

Dave

Cyberic

If the Washington Post has a yearly contest, I wonder why I have been seeing this exact same list for at least a decade.

Hahaha, didn't know that. To me it was a first.

Cyberic

Speaking of inconsiderate people - during my 20-miler on Sunday, on a paved running/biking trail, I was charged by an unleashed German Shepherd at full speed from about 50 yards away. No damage, I guess the guy just wanted to play and run with me. But of course you don't know what's going to happen till they reach you. He didn't really have a feel for personal space, so I almost tripped over him. The owner was yelling the whole time. Including after I got past her and the dog was still with me for a while. JHC. Keep your dog on a leash.

I'm not afraid of dogs, but an 80 pound dog running at me sure would get my mind racing

Half Crazy K 2.0

I'm not afraid of dogs, but an 80 pound dog running at me sure would get my mind racing

This. Last week I saw a guy with two large dogs that were pulling on their leash when they saw me. I walked by them to look as non-threatening as possible.

onemile

I guess I am blowing off my run tonight...

I hate running with a cold but I actually usually feel better afterwards.  And that is the only time I am spitting during a run, if I have phelgmy stuff in my throat

I have seen people spit at the indoor track, which is rude and gross

I am afraid of all dogs since getting bit, except for German Shepherds 

GinnyinPA

My trust in dogs has certainly altered since getting bitten while running.  I'm not afraid, but I am more cautious, even with dogs that show no aggression.

I don't like spitting or snot-rockets, though with this cold, I do have a better understanding of why people spit. I always carry a handkerchief, because my allergies are year-around so I am often blowing.