Beginners and Beyond

New Year’s Dailies (Read 18 times)

Happy New Year to all! It’s after 2:00 ET, is everyone sleeping it off? Not too much excitement for us last night. 

8 miles, 60 for the week.

Dave

sdWhiskers

5 miles + 30 min strength. Rainy and windy here so I picked a route with less risk of tree crap hitting me. Saw almost no cars out at 8 am.

We let Kid stay up to midnight...eastern time, lol. Seemed like poor planning to have the Ohio State game end at midnight.

Seemed like poor planning to have the Ohio State game end at midnight.

Like, EXACTLY at midnight! I flipped over to one of the NYE shows immediately after the missed FG, and they were singing Auld Lang Syne.

Dave

sdWhiskers

Like, EXACTLY at midnight! I flipped over to one of the NYE shows immediately after the missed FG, and they were singing Auld Lang Syne.

Yeah, we flipped back and forth like 5 times in the minute before midnight.

I don't understand why the Michigan game in AZ wasn't the later game 

I don't understand why the Michigan game in AZ wasn't the later game 

Same reason the only people posting in this thread so far are the ones on Pacific time.

Dave

delicate flower

What up, dog!!  Speaking of dog, we've got someone to watch ours, so the Dopey trip is a go.  I ran 7 miles today.  42 for the week.

I was up late last night!!  9:15.

<3

What up, dog!!  Speaking of dog, we've got someone to watch ours, so the Dopey trip is a go.  

Kind of a good news/bad news scenario.

Dave

Docket_Rocket

Happy New Year! Ran 6.50 with hubby. First, the path on the new route ended by a river and hubby didn't want to continue and get wet (the bridge across will be made later). So he took a "shortcut" to get back on the path across the street. 5 minutes and 30lbs of mud later, we continued. The mud was 3-4" deep. Oh, let's run through here he said. LOL.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Bears: oof. This will end up being their worst loss to the Lions in probably decades.

MTA: OK I looked it up and I guess I’ve blocked out much of the ‘90s from my memory, including a 55-20 bloodbath in 1997.

Dave

Half Crazy K 2.0

3.5 miles. Looks like someone had a bad NYE. Looked like someone botched a left turn, went over the curb, hit a fire hydrant and wound up in brush. At least this wasn't in my backyard.

delicate flower

Bears: oof. This will end up being their worst loss to the Lions in probably decades.

MTA: OK I looked it up and I guess I’ve blocked out much of the ‘90s from my memory, including a 55-20 bloodbath in 1997.

LRB would have thoughts about this.

<3

LRB would have thoughts about this.

I wonder what he’s up to these days. Anyway I’m sure wolvmar has a few things to say as well.

Dave