Beginners and Beyond

Talaria Tuesday Penguins (Read 21 times)

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

The "Penguin" daily threads were originally conceived to emphasize that all members of the community have a place on the boards. Encouragement, motivation, a little love nip (you will love one, give it a try!) or even a little kick in the pants when needed -- it can happen here. Basically, we celebrate just getting out there and moving our tails! What is "slow"? "Slow" is a perception but one of the common benchmarks is the 10:00/mi pace; but there's no firm line. In fact, there are many of us that have slipped past this, and just hope that no one notices and revokes their "igloo privileges." It can be confusing for the forum newbies, but we're not one of the teams in any of the fine games. It's a totally open group, so stop lurking, post an introduction of yourself dive in and join the fun! No application necessary! There might even be a lovely picture for Scotty (we love pics!)The "Penguin" daily threads were originally conceived to emphasize that all members of the community have a place on the boards. Encouragement, motivation, a little love nip (you will love one, give it a try!) or even a little kick in the pants when needed -- it can happen here. Basically, we celebrate just getting out there and moving our tails! What is "slow"? "Slow" is a perception but one of the common benchmarks is the 10:00/mi pace; but there's no firm line. In fact, there are many of us that have slipped past this, and just hope that no one notices and revokes their "igloo privileges." It can be confusing for the forum newbies, but we're not one of the teams in any of the fine games. It's a totally open group, so stop lurking, post an introduction of yourself dive in and join the fun! No application necessary! There might even be a lovely picture for Scotty (we love pics!)

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

Talaria n. winged shoes, such as worn by Hermes...

If you have a run planned today, hope you all feel like you are in talaria when you are out there and everything goes just wonderfully for you!  If you are not running today, whatever you do have planned, hope it all goes smoothly and as quickly as if you were wearing talaria.

AFM:  Plan on doing 3 - 4 miles after work on the trails of a local park.   For my outing the San Antonio weather will be sunny, 70 degrees, humidity 36%,  and an agreeable dew-point too.  Nice!

JerryInIL

Return To Racing

Good morning Scott and Pengs.  Enjoy your run Scott. and the warm weather.  We got a little snow last night.

Finally got the referral for the Orthopedic Surgeon.  Need to set up the appointment. Hope it won't take too long.

Have a great day.

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

Good morning Scott and Pengs.  Enjoy your run Scott. and the warm weather.  We got a little snow last night.

Finally got the referral for the Orthopedic Surgeon.  Need to set up the appointment. Hope it won't take too long.

Have a great day.

Sorry you even have to deal with that at all!

Glad you were not on the train yesterday!  Saw a story about a train derailing in Chicago and actually running off the track, onto the platform, and part way up an escalator, dang!

JerryInIL

Return To Racing

Note to self....Don't get on train with a sleeping operator.

Docket_Rocket

Morning!  7 miles and weights (if I have time).  TM or outside depending on the flooding (it's been raining badly since last night).

Jerry, sorry you're still dealing with this.  Hope it's nothing major.  FYI, we'll be there on June 7 for that race I told you.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

JerryInIL

Return To Racing

Morning!  7 miles and weights (if I have time).  TM or outside depending on the flooding (it's been raining badly since last night).

Jerry, sorry you're still dealing with this.  Hope it's nothing major.  FYI, we'll be there on June 7 for that race I told you.

Wish I could run it, but that is doubtful. I'll have to talk DW into it.

Dad on the run.

Hey all. I thought 3 days of rest would do me good, but I think it did more harm lol. Yesterday's 7 miler sucked monkey nuts. I felt so slow and sluggish and my legs were just stiff. Slogged it out at 10:30m/m.

Will plan for 4 tonight, then I will get busy putting together some of our baby stuff Smile Our baby bed should come in today so we can get started decorating the kidos room.

EK has been excited so far but I'm sure soon as baby gets here and she realizes she has to share mommy/daddy time she isn't going to be nearly as happy.

Chasing the sub 20 5K.

Bin Running

Jerry, get well soon. Hope it's nothing major and time will heal it.

Jimmy, exciting times. Congrats again.

4M early in the morning. Home alone with 2 kids today and somewhat challenging. I managed. Hee

2015 Races

2XU HM - 29 Mar

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

Gee, Jimmy...10:30 pace is speedwork for some of us.  OK...maybe just me...   Sorry about your bad run, but no worries, it happens on occasion to everyone.  You'll be back to your strong speedy self in no time.  Probably with you run today!  Scottydog Has Spoken!  So It Is Said, So It Shall Be.    Good luck with the room!

Yeah, Damaris, I saw on the Weather Channel all that rain you were getting there.  Funny...last night on our local news channel, our Weather Guy had been on vacation all last week in Florida.  He commented that normally by this time of year San Antonio has had 5.5 inches of rain (we've had 1.5 inches for the year so far,  so are in major water restrictions around here) and when he was in Florida, they had 5 inches of rain in just a FEW days!  Dang.   Stay safe!

Congrats on overcoming the challenge, Bin, and getting your miles in!

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

Note to self....Don't get on train with a sleeping operator.

And don't get on train and sleep with the operator either, that could end up badly...in more ways than one! 

Docket_Rocket

Gee, Jimmy...10:30 pace is speedwork for some of us.  OK...maybe just me...   Sorry about your bad run, but no worries, it happens on occasion to everyone.  You'll be back to your strong speedy self in no time.  Probably with you run today!  Scottydog Has Spoken!  So It Is Said, So It Shall Be.    Good luck with the room!

Yeah, Damaris, I saw on the Weather Channel all that rain you were getting there.  Funny...last night on our local news channel, our Weather Guy had been on vacation all last week in Florida.  He commented that normally by this time of year San Antonio has had 5.5 inches of rain (we've had 1.5 inches for the year so far,  so are in major water restrictions around here) and when he was in Florida, they had 5 inches of rain in just a FEW days!  Dang.   Stay safe!

Congrats on overcoming the challenge, Bin, and getting your miles in!

Five inches in a few days?  We can get that in a few hours.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Awood_Runner

Smaller By The Day

Race day is coming.  I can tell because I'm sick.  YAY

Improvements

Weight 100 pounds lost

5K 31:02 Sept. 2012 / 23:36 Sept. 2013 (Same Course)

10K 48:59 April 2013

HM 2:03:56 Nov. 2012 / 1:46:50 March 2013

MARATHON 3:57:33 Nov. 2013

Jack K.

uʍop ǝpᴉsdn sǝʇᴉɹʍ ʇI

Hi Pens...

Yesterday I ran 7 miles with 12x400. My intervals were anywhere from 6:55 to 7:25. That was a hard workout so today I am resting because I have a tempo run tomorrow.

Awood: That's funny how you can tell you have a race coming up because you get sick. DW is very good at predicting rain. She uses a similar technique; when she sees that I have washed the cars, she predicts rain (and she is usually right).

Docket_Rocket

Race day is coming.  I can tell because I'm sick.  YAY

You made me laugh, even though it's not funny.

Damaris

Fundraising Page