Beginners and Beyond

I ran today! (Read 148 times)

flarunner

I ran today!

Yay! So good to see!

delicate flower

It's good to see you back at it. When I saw "40 mins" as your first workout back I was thinking that might be a bit much, but the walk/run intervals was probably a good call.

Heh, DW's first reaction was "You ran HOW far!?"  Big grin  I am following protocol though.  PT Girl said quarter mile to half mile intervals followed by walk breaks.  No more than 3-4 miles, no back to back days for a while, and build slowly. 

Thanks everyone for all the comments and support.  I really appreciate it.  My knee is a little achy today but no worse than after a bike ride or legs workout.  No pain in the outer meniscus area, which the doc says I need to pay particular attention to.

<3

Pinktastic

OMG, Phil!!  This is such fantastic news!!  Woo Hoo!!!    (insert dancing bananas here)

I am very happy that you and MBC are both well on your way to your respective comebacks - it's been a long time!!    Your positive attitude during all of this has been inspiring!!

But The Smile That I Sent Out Returned With You.

BruceD555

Woohoo! So happy to hear that first official run back was a good one and the knee feels good. You've been incredibly diligent with all your PT (both pre-surgery and during recovery) and managed to keep a positive attitude throughout. Nice work ... for a delicate flower Wink

Train smart ... race smarter.

fourouta5

Healed Hammy

See, that pixie dust worked.  Looks like the house of mouse set you free!!  Gratz on successfully getting back to jogging (hehe....remember to respect the distance)

bluerun

Super B****

This makes me so happy!!  There's no better feeling than that first run back after an injury.

chasing the impossible

because i never shut up ... i blog

PragmaticRnnr

Fitness Jogger

Great news on the run.  I hope your recovery is successful!

Rungry!

Hooray Baboon! This news made my day Big grin

Jen

Rondog65

That is great news!!!

Ron's PRs 5K 24:14 (12/07/2013); Half Marathon 1:53:33 (5/26/2013)

No more marathons

Glad you're back at it.  But does that mean we'll see less of you on the boards?

Boston 2014 - a 33 year journey

Lordy,  I hope there are tapes. 

He's a leaker!

daisymae25

Squidward Bike Rider

Congrats!  Don't try and rush back into it, though (you already know this), as tempting as it may be to do so. Smile

MrNamtor

congrats boonster! Couldn't happen to a nicer guy! Now don't go apeshit - ease back into it. You'll be back to the level you were in no time.

yes and what daisy said too.

Coastal

Congrats!  Ease back into it  Smile

Resident Historian

Nice- keep the progress going!

Neil

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                              “Some people will tell you that slow is good – but I'm here to tell you that fast is better. I've always believed this, in spite of the trouble it's caused me. - Hunter S. Thompson

delicate flower

Glad you're back at it.  But does that mean we'll see less of you on the boards?

And actually do work during office hours?  No chance!

Thanks again for all the kind words.  I'll definitely ease back into the running.  I do what my therapists and doctor tell me.  I've listened to them up until now and running won't change that.

<3