Beginners and Beyond

WednesDAILIES: Slower than slow (Read 39 times)

Coastal

Bag Balm is the real thing.  I grew up in dairy farm country and very farmer had tubs of the stuff. to use on cows - -hence the name.  My brother ran the hurdles when the HS still has a cinder track.  He crashed and removed most of the skin from his calf. I still recall what it looked like.  He was milking for a dairy farmer at the time who slathered some on the skinned area and gave him a tin of it to keep using.  Healed it up quickly and no scar.

Neither of the stores in town carry the magic Right guard stuff.  Some day I'll remember to pick it up when I'm out in the big city and give it a try.  Breadnatty made some of his own stuff that he said worked better than anything for chafing during his ultras.  I got his recipe but don't know what happened to it.

6.23 miles on the road tonight.  PT wants me to run more, and to run outside on the road more, too.  Just checked MapMyRun -- I've run 6 of the last 7 days.  Not sure that to do.

Coastal

Sorry for the double post but thought this should stand on its own and not be buried in my usual ramblings.

Found the recipe:  Per Breadnatty:

Equal parts beeswax, coconut oil and shea butter.  Melt (add essential oil if you'd like fragrance), pour into whatever.  It hardens up really well. Goes on a little greasy, but not bad. If you look at the ingredients for Squirrels Nut Butter, it's essentially the same stuff (homemade is WAY cheaper).  

KCRuns

Sorry for the double post but thought this should stand on its own and not be buried in my usual ramblings.

Found the recipe:  Per Breadnatty:

Equal parts beeswax, coconut oil and shea butter.  Melt (add essential oil if you'd like fragrance), pour into whatever.  It hardens up really well. Goes on a little greasy, but not bad. If you look at the ingredients for Squirrels Nut Butter, it's essentially the same stuff (homemade is WAY cheaper).  

Interesting.  Have you tried it?  I'm curious if it washes out easily in the laundry.

Coastal

I was going to but never really did.  Bread seemed to like it and he never mentioned any problems such as with vaseline when we were over on RWOL.  You could google squirrel nut butter and see if anyone complained about it not cleaning up very well.

Interesting.  Have you tried it?  I'm curious if it washes out easily in the laundry.