Beginners and Beyond

Tuesday's March of the Penguins. To infinity and Beyond. (Read 184 times)

Dad on the run.

The "Penguin" daily threads were originally conceived to emphasize that all members of the community have a place on the boards. Encouragement, motivation, a little love nip (you will love one, give it a try!) or even a little kick in the pants when needed -- it can happen here. Basically, we celebrate just getting out there and moving our tails! 

What is "slow"? "Slow" is a perception but one of the common benchmarks is the 10:00/mi pace; but there's no firm line. In fact, there are many of us that have slipped past this, and just hope that no one notices and revokes their "igloo privileges."  

It can be confusing for the forum newbies, but we're not one of the teams in any of the fine games. It's a totally open group, so stop lurking, post an introduction of yourself dive in and join the fun! No application necessary! There might even be a lovely picture for Scotty (we love pics!) 

Chasing the sub 20 5K.

Dad on the run.

So I'm up and at them this morning. 11 straight days then I am off for  11 straight for vacation, have to burn that vacation time because ours don't rollOver. Wife is off too though so that 11 days with the family. Super excited about that. 

Think we are going to make a day trip to the Sipsy Wilderness and get a few miles of hiking in and let the dogs enjoy themselves. 

So I just realized I have ran for 5 days straight. Maybe wow ill join in the streak games and see how long I can go?

4 more for tonight. Going to be a nice slow easy pace. 

Hope everyone is having a great week so far.

Chasing the sub 20 5K.

Bin Running

Jimmy, Sound exciting..  Enjoy your holiday... Ain't you on 10 weeks HM training plan? Not too sure if streaking and HM training mix well.. If you are really going into streaking.. Let us know and we will cheer you on...

SRD for me today..

2015 Races

2XU HM - 29 Mar

Dad on the run.

Jimmy, Sound exciting..  Enjoy your holiday... Ain't you on 10 weeks HM training plan? Not too sure if streaking and HM training mix well.. If you are really going into streaking.. Let us know and we will cheer you on...

SRD for me today..

Yea i am training. But I figured only need 1 mile to keep the wreak. I can do that on my off days without it hurting me, right?

Chasing the sub 20 5K.

hog4life

Jimmy, which plan did you decide to use? Have fun on your time off. We can roll vacation, but no more than you get in a year. So, I get 4 wk/yr, and could roll 4 weeks if I didn't use them.

Bin, enjoy the rest day.

Today is easy 30-45 minute run for me. It will be cold, so I might get to bust out the new tights.

Gustav1

Fear is a Liar

Good morning Jim, Bin, Mitch, ans other Penguins soon to follow! 

Got to ssleep in, but only because we lost power last night. 

I'm so vegetarian I don't even eat animal crackers!

Bin Running

Jimmy, Not quite sure of it as I haven't been on a streak b4.. But if you let the body recover (which is what most books advocate), you shld be fine.

Mitch, take some pic with said tights..

Gustav, Morning.. Sorry abt power..

2015 Races

2XU HM - 29 Mar

hog4life

Jimmy, Not quite sure of it as I haven't been on a streak b4.. But if you let the body recover (which is what most books advocate), you shld be fine.

Mitch, take some pic with said tights..

Gustav, Morning.. Sorry abt power..

Haha, don't know about that one Bin.......but if I have to wear them for the February race, then maybe.

Up early and at the airport! Busy day ahead with no running unfortunately!!! Have a great day penguins!

Completed my first half marathon 2:09:04!!!

Bin Running

Have a safe trip.. Kristi

2015 Races

2XU HM - 29 Mar

Dad on the run.

Mitch - I really didn't pick a plan. I might for my next half once I see what its like and decide if it is something I want to keep doing. Right now I just kinda made my own based off some paces that I got from McMillan. My training plan is on here, I still need to finish the last couple of weeks though.

Chasing the sub 20 5K.

BradyS71

Fast Penquin

Morning all!

5.2 cold wet miles this morning, it was AWESOME!  I love winter running.

Will be back for personals later.

Tick: I'm sure millions of viewers out there are just wondering what it's like to wear the tights of justice. Well, it's tingly and it's uncomfortable, but it gets the job done and, oh, the job of it.

Docket_Rocket

Morning!  Bad insomnia last night.  So I slept a couple of hours at the most.  Most need Starbucks!

Run tonight.  If I can, weights as well.

Have a nice day!

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Jen2011

Good morning Penguins!  Just a quick post to say hi and let you know Sunday's half went well!  Being my first HM, my goal was to finish, but my hope was to finish in under 3 hours.  I knew from my last training run that it would be close, but I'm happy to report that my time was 2:55:56.  It was a lot of fun and the best part was my husband and kids waiting for me at the finish cheering me on.

I'll stop by later for personals.  I've got 3 or so miles planned for tonight.  Hope you all have a great day!

Jen

Jen

Upcoming races:

Covenant Health Knoxville 5K 4/7/13 (and cheering on DH for his 1st Marathon!!)

Rock and Roll Chicago Half Marathon 7/21/13

Tower of Terror Ten Miler 10/5/13

JerryInIL

Return To Racing

Good morning early bird penguins.  Congrats Jen on the HM and beating your goal.  Hope to say the same in April.

Hoping to get out for a nice cold run after work.

Jerry