Beginners and Beyond

MonDAILIES because it's Monday (Read 23 times)

bluerun

Super B****

Well, look at that -- I just made myself eligible by being "essential in-person staff" at a college. (I wouldn't say I'm essential, but since I do have to go into the office, I guess that qualifies.) But there are no appointments to be had unless I want to drive a couple hundred miles.

chasing the impossible

because i never shut up ... i blog

Half Crazy K 2.0

Well, look at that -- I just made myself eligible by being "essential in-person staff" at a college. (I wouldn't say I'm essential, but since I do have to go into the office, I guess that qualifies.) But there are no appointments to be had unless I want to drive a couple hundred miles.

I would think if you have to go into the office, you are essential.

I don't get why college & universities don't have a mass vaccination program for all students & staff (similar to hospitals).

sdWhiskers

I don't get why college & universities don't have a mass vaccination program for all students & staff (similar to hospitals).

They do here.

Docket_Rocket

3.7 and strength training.

Docket, did you see this? Even better than immunity and all that greater good stuff....

Awesome. Sadly we don’t have a Krispy Kreme here. Although they are building one soon.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Docket_Rocket

Don't forget how contact tracing is also part of the control.

That’s where the 5G comes in handy.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

bluerun

Super B****

I would think if you have to go into the office, you are essential.

We did have that, but same problem: no slots available.

chasing the impossible

because i never shut up ... i blog

Half Crazy K 2.0

We did have that, but same problem: no slots available.

It was probably a bit simpler when the hospitals were doing the clinics for employes since there were limited groups eligible. Basically shots were going to hospitals, nursing homes & first responders. Once our governor opened up groups 1B and C (within 1 week of each other), all hell broke loose. There weren't enough shots and he kept patting himself on the back for opening more & more locations to give the non-existant shots. He's doing a press conference in about a half hour where it's expected that he is going to tell the counties they have to follow the state. Some of the counties are still in 1B since they aren't getting enough shots to meet demand in that group, so yea, makes perfect sense to open it to 1C and 2A.