Beginners and Beyond

Wednesdailies - Cold, windy, snow. Shit. (Read 39 times)

Bert-o

I lost my rama

And I AM SO FUCKING SICK OF WINTER.  The end.

What, you don't think this is purdy?   Billyburg Bridge tonight...

And I caught both trains passing each other...

Snowy 10.5 this morning.  Slushy 3 tonight.

3/17 - NYC Half

4/28 - Big Sur Marathon  DNS

6/29 - Forbidden Forest 30 Hour

8/29 - A Race for the Ages - will be given 47 hours

bluerun

Super B****

What, you don't think this is purdy?   Billyburg Bridge tonight...

Haha that second picture looks like the subway race at Yankee Stadium

chasing the impossible

because i never shut up ... i blog

Docket_Rocket

I do! I do!  But I don't live in it!!!

Ran my 5 but no weights because my thumb hurts like a mother.  I have issues with that tendon on and off and today it's on.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

GinnyinPA

D - what did you do to the thumb?

Treadmill today, thanks to the snow. 10 miles with 5 x 5 minutes at 5k pace, 4 minute recovery.

Docket_Rocket

I don't know.  I hurt it 1-2 years ago and the tendon just hurts on and off.  Sometimes it goes completely away and then I hold a book or something and screw it up again.  I assume all this carrying stuff to court did it.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

onemile

That's a cool pic

Ummm....

Dave

RunningOnSand

Am i the only one who can't see any of the pics? Sad My computer hates me.

Back to MN. Back to the "cold" and damn, it felt nice. 37 or so degrees for my lunch. 6.2 easy paced miles.

Re: the weather people...we frequently get misdiagnosed for how much snow we're going to accumulate.

Coastal

No snow here -- so far.  Hope it stays that way.  We're not completely out of the woods yet.  Nor are we out of the woods where flooding is concerned.

Onemile:  What's going on with your knee?

Dave -- I don't know how you can get up that early and run.

Got in about a mile today.  My knee was bugging a bit so I stopped.  Did some leg presses yesterday that the knee doesn't seem to have liked much.  The PT has me doing them from deeply bent knee to mostly extended legs, and I've worked up to almost my body weight.  Starting out I could do a lot of weight and the upper end of leg extension, but could do very little in a deep bend.

Stopped at the store a couple blocks away to pick up a few items and the power in that part of town went out.  Would have been still running when it happened.  Bet that sudden belt stop would have been interesting.