Beginners and Beyond

I was planning to run this as a Long Run Oops. Martian HM RR. (Read 89 times)

never run

Let's see since I liked the t-shirt, I decided earlier this week to run the Martian HM in Dearborn this morning in place of my LR.  I didn't really push the pace especially the 2nd half but I didn't run it at long run pace either.  results 1:41:51.  I was trying to keep it at feeling no harder than say a MP effort run which is why the 2nd half was a lot slower and I walked a couple of aide stations.  It was great running weather except for the last say 30 minute or so when it started to snain (snow/rain).

8:01

7:34

7:20

7:28

7:25

7:36

7:43

7:42

8:05

7:44

8:04

7:49

7:48

Docket_Rocket

Great job notwithstanding, speedy.  How did the MP effort feel like?

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

never run

Basically somewhere just short of a tempo, and I backed off when it started feeling hard.  So I ran "strong" but not hard.

Docket_Rocket

Good workout overall, sounds like.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

hog4life

Congrats on completing another HM. I need to arrange a visit with my dad next year so I can run this one and meet a few of you.

Rondog65

Another great race report this weekend, I think this is going to be a common theme here.  1:41:51 great time for a Half Marathon, outstanding.

Ron's PRs 5K 24:14 (12/07/2013); Half Marathon 1:53:33 (5/26/2013)

robinde

Great job!

Well done!

I probably saw you there, but did not know it, you finished about 6 minutes ahead of me. But I doubt you stuck around for too long afterwards in that mess. I guess there are more MI runners on this forum than I realized.

And go ahead and gloat about the cool shirts. The women's were bright Martian green, the men's were a humble earthling white.

Dave

So_Im_a_Runner

Go figure

Sounds like a fun way to do a training run. Very nice effort, and smart too.

Trying to find some more hay to restock the barn

never run

The women's were bright Martian green, the men's were a humble earthling white.

Hey you could have asked for a women's cut.  Evil

LRB

I actually entertained the idea of running the first few miles of this with you but shit, not at those speeds - lmao!

You are really good at this!

So what exactly is your goal race or are you just training?

YAYpril - B-Plus

Wow! Great "training" run. That's an amazing time. I can't wait to see you actually race a HM!

Trail Monster

Nice 'long run'!

2013 races:

3/17 Shamrock Marathon

4/20 North Coast 24 Hour

7/27 Burning RIver 100M

8/24 Baker 50M

10/5 Oil Creek (distance to be determined)

My Blog

Brands I Heart:

FitFluential

INKnBURN

Altra Zero Drop

never run

My Goal race is the 5/3 Riverbank Run in Grand Rapids on May 11.  I want to be Sub 2 for sure and closer to sub 1:55 for the 25k race.

Runny_babbit

hop, hop, hop...

Nice job! I was consdering doing this race. I love it when the organizers have a sense of humor!

MM #8764 / HF #6535 / Double Agent #668

PRs: 5K - 27:43, 10K - 57:14, HM - 2:06:18, FM - 5:22:42

~How old would you be if you didn't know how old you were supposed to be?~