Beginners and Beyond

The Weekend Penguin Parade of Wisdom and Wonder. (Read 23 times)

From the Internet.

He loves Honeybuns.

Oh man, those were my jam in middle school! I am ashamed to say I had them for lunch most days (as in, the only thing I ate for lunch) Tight lipped

hog4life

9.05 miles this evening.

Ginny, I got the Garmin 310XT.

Jack K.

uʍop ǝpᴉsdn sǝʇᴉɹʍ ʇI

I hate sitting in traffic.

Robert31320

Team TJ

5.3 miles Sunday morning.

Running for TJ because he can't.

JerryInIL

Return To Racing

Looks like a good day for a run on the NU lakefront.

Jill.

Penguin Power!

sapf - did you get injured?  Good luck at your race tomorrow.

Thanks Ginny :-)  I sprained my ankle during a run on May 28th.  I was in a cam walker boot for a month, then used a laceup brace for another month.  I've only been back to running since the last week of July.  I still use a very small brace when running or going for longer walks because I'm not confident that I could run without it, and haven't been overly consistent with my running because of pain issues/ankle swelling.

Anyhow, I ran the Bronx 10 mile race in 2:06 and change which was fine.  I was happy with any time under the course time limit :-)  I'm expecting at least 3 more months to get back to where I was pre-injury.  (honestly probably more like 6 more months)  Overall, I'm just happy to be able to run again.

Upcoming Races: Run as One 4M (4/24) * Japan Run 4M (5/8) * Brooklyn Half (5/21) 

Docket_Rocket

Morning!  I mean, afternoon!  Ran 20 with the last 10 @ MP + 10% in super hot and humid (think 90s and 78 dewpoint).  I am done for Chicago, yay.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

tracilynn

Nice run Danaris!

Welcome back sapf

I ran 5 Mi this morning fueled by funnel cakes, ice cream, donuts, and apple fritters

~~~~~~~

Traci

PADRunner

Good Sunday all. 11 miles, ice and pancakes done this morning.

JerryInIL

Return To Racing

Glad you are ready for Chicago, Damaris Smile

4 for us.  Kind of sluggish for 3 miles, but last mile was much better.  Lakefront was nice, just had to avoid the Quidditch players.

Now its time for Beer and Bears.

GinnyinPA

11 this morning, on a warmish sunny day.  I was tired from yesterday's hike, so it felt harder than it should have. Now I have to clean the house before I can really relax, since we have company coming tomorrow.

Damaris - Good job on the 20 today. Chicago's cool weather will feel so much nicer for you.

Sapf - sorry your ankle is being so slow to heal.  I have a weak ankle thanks to a bad sprain many years ago. Years of hiking made it stronger, but every once in a while it acts up.

Tracilynn- sounds like you were at a County or State Fair.

PAD - I hope your 11 were good ones.  Pancakes before or after?

Jerry - running on the lake sounds nice and cool.  I hope there was a good breeze.  Cheers!

Robert - nice run.

Mitch - good job on the 9.

Cyberic

Hello penguins.

Damaris, happy for you that Chicago prep is done with.

Mitch, isn't it fun to buy new toys like that?

Jack K.

uʍop ǝpᴉsdn sǝʇᴉɹʍ ʇI

The whirlwind weekend is over and I managed to get five miles in this morning during DD2's swim meet. I ran on the track where they filmed "Grease" many years ago. It was right down the road from the meet. Smile

Robert31320

Team TJ

I have a 310.  I hope one day to test the battery life in one run

Running for TJ because he can't.

Docket_Rocket

Glad you are ready for Chicago, Damaris Smile

4 for us.  Kind of sluggish for 3 miles, but last mile was much better.  Lakefront was nice, just had to avoid the Quidditch players.

Now its time for Beer and Bears.

Ha.  I was ready last year.  At least I don't have a uterus that can explode this time around.  The time won't be as fast as I was ready last year but with the year that I've had, I'll be happy with anything close to my goals.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page