Beginners and Beyond

Saturday up and at 'em! (Read 54 times)

The short recoveries are the most worrisome part. Although I should be worried about hitting the pace too, based on my last workout. LRB has an idea, but I'm not sure I trust myself not to just keep the recovery going till I somehow arrive at my front door. Maybe will go with onemile's modification, or may just let 'er rip & see what happens. Worse comes to worse, I will suck.

Oh, and mid-30's with rain/snow mix tomorrow. Beautiful.

Dave

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

!!!! Good News!!!! DH told me this evening that he is taking tomorrow off!!!!!

I get to do the race!!!!!!!

Image result for happy dance gif

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

Half Crazy K 2.0

4 miles and strength training.

Onemile, Gracie looks way more alert today.

DavePNW, the insane workout I skipped modified last night called for 1/2 jogs between the 1 mile repeats at 5k pace.

LRB

The short recoveries are the most worrisome part. Although I should be worried about hitting the pace too, based on my last workout. LRB has an idea, but I'm not sure I trust myself not to just keep the recovery going till I somehow arrive at my front door. Maybe will go with onemile's modification, or may just let 'er rip & see what happens. Worse comes to worse, I will suck.

Oh, and mid-30's with rain/snow mix tomorrow. Beautiful.

lmao - That was good!

Cyberic

For miles @ Tempo, I usually take 1 minute jog rest. But I do 4 of them, not 6. For 6, 2 minutes sounds good. And if you do them at 10K pace instead of Tempo pace, I would take the whole 3.5 minutes.

A twist to what LRB suggested is to program the 3.5 minutes rest, and if you can muster it, hit the lap button sooner and go for the next mile. 3.5 minutes would be your max recovery. That would stop you from jogging home on your break.

FS: Glad you can race tomorrow.

Coastal

Some of you who came over from RWOL this fall may recall that the local high school cross country teams use some of my usual routes to train on.  The girls team won the state title today.  One of the girls, a sophomore, took first.   The boys team got 4th.  They are pretty good kids and work very, very hard.  Glad to see them be successful.

OFR:  They are fast.  That why I avoid running around them....  

Discovered today what might be a partial cause of my knee issues.  When I use the leaf blower to clean gutters I tend to jam by knee into a rung to provide leverage.  Well, I did it not once, but three times today.  Twice after discovering that it hurt.  D' Oh....

LRB

I just realized that I'll gain an hour a day overnight and in the process correct one of the dumbest things we do as a society. #enddst

No more marathons

Thor Ragnarok in 3D, RPX, recliner seats with built in sound reaction.

Boom.

Boston 2014 - a 33 year journey

Lordy,  I hope there are tapes. 

He's a leaker!

Docket_Rocket

Can’t wait to see it tomorrow, bluesky!

Landed in Miami.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

oldfartrunner

Coastal: Glad they won!  ...Yeah, when we get old even doing the everyday things can mess with us.

Dave: Good luck on the 6X1Mile!  Better to build to something like that like onemile said, and 2-2:30 is pretty standard rest for 1 miles @ 10k pace, 3 min for 5K. Keeping the heartrate elevated is what you are after, but not too much or too little. Tempo pace (1/2-TH) 1 min per mile of tempo is standard. So if you do 3x 2mile, it would be 2 min rests. FWIW.

Berto: Nice job! You just got 3 miles worth of V02 Max.

Onemile: Gracie looks a ton better!

Geh: Good luck!

Freesoul: Great!  Have fun!

GC100k

Some of you who came over from RWOL this fall may recall that the local high school cross country teams use some of my usual routes to train on.  The girls team won the state title today.  One of the girls, a sophomore, took first.   The boys team got 4th.  They are pretty good kids and work very, very hard.  Glad to see them be successful.

Cool. The girls team at my daughters' school took 4th in our state with their top girl, a sophomore, winning by about a minute over 2nd place.

I finished off that box of doughnuts last night (which are spelled donuts on the box) polishing off two and a half of them bitches with the ease of a dung beetle tearing off into a ball of shit.

LRB, this was the most hilarious thing I've read all morning, and I cannot stop laughing.  Also, my hubs brought home the pumpkin spice Entenmann's.  He's been told to never, ever, ever do that again.  Because I have no control.  None.