Beginners and Beyond

Monday Penguins (Read 8 times)

Jill.

Penguin Power!

The "Penguin" daily threads were originally conceived to emphasize that all members of the community have a place on the boards. Encouragement, motivation, a little love nip (you will love one, give it a try!) or even a little kick in the pants when needed -- it can happen here. Basically, we celebrate just getting out there and moving our tails! What is "slow"? "Slow" is a perception but one of the common benchmarks is the 10:00/mi pace; but there's no firm line. In fact, there are many of us that have slipped past this, and just hope that no one notices and revokes their "igloo privileges." And some penguins don't run at all, we just hang out for the company! It can be confusing for the forum newbies, but we're not one of the teams in any of the fine games. It's a totally open group, so stop lurking, post an introduction of yourself dive in and join the fun! No application necessary! There might even be a lovely picture for Scotty (we love pics!)

Upcoming Races: Run as One 4M (4/24) * Japan Run 4M (5/8) * Brooklyn Half (5/21) 

Jill.

Penguin Power!

Hey Pens!

I'll run a bit today - on the treadmill after I drop DH off at the subway.  I haven't run since Thursday :-(  But at least I had a decent reason -- on Saturday we finally saw a house that we liked, so we put in an offer last night.  I hope that they'll accept it but we still haven't heard back.  If they don't accept, we saw a reasonable second choice so we're ready to put an offer on that house as well.

Upcoming Races: Run as One 4M (4/24) * Japan Run 4M (5/8) * Brooklyn Half (5/21) 

Docket_Rocket

Morning!  I ran 20 on the TM yesterday and I have 7 and weights today.  Hubby is doing great but now my mom is in the hospital with an aneurysm so she is heading to surgery this week and I cannot fly to see her because of my husband.  She is in good hands at the hospital, though.

Working from home for the next two weeks, which allows me to wake up at 7:30am instead of 5-6am.  Sigh.

Jill, ugh at the no running.  Good luck with the house!

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Singer who runs a smidge

Morning, Penguins!!  I had a terrible time getting my butt moving this morning, and that combined with some road work made me quite late to work today.  Fortunately my tech is on vacation this week, so nobody noticed (or cares).  Happy Monday, all!!

Jill -- woo-hoo at the potential houses!!  Post pics when your offer goes through, ok?

Docket -- sorry to hear about your mom!!  Glad hubby is doing well, and sending good vibes to all your family!!

When it's all said and done, no one remembers how far we have run.  The only thing that matters is how we have loved.

Brilliant

Hello Penguins,

Jill, good luck with the house!

Damaris, sending healing thoughts your way for hubby and mom.

Hopesmom, have a great Monday.

No running for me this morning.  I'm headed for my son's swearing-in for the Marines.    I woke up at 3:51 this morning thinking about roadside bombs and body bags.