Beginners and Beyond

Montreal Rock&Roll Half Marathon (Read 70 times)

B-Plus

George Laracque:

Full marathon finish time: 6:10:08.2

Many pics of him. http://www.marathonfoto.com/Marathon/Rock-n-Roll-de-Montr%E9al--2014/LastName/laracque/offering/myMarathonfotos/RaceOID/23912014M1/Language/en

He's not getting smaller...

Oh, maybe he was still running when I checked. Thanks!

Wow, impressive showing of a PR, Cy.

You set aggressive goals, so nothing to be disappointed about.  A PR is a PR!  And, it seems that the projected McMillan paces for a lot of newer runners are very hard to hit in the longer races.  As you build even more endurance over months and years, they may tend to line up a bit easier.

Congrats!

Cyberic

Wow, impressive showing of a PR, Cy.

You set aggressive goals, so nothing to be disappointed about.  A PR is a PR!  And, it seems that the projected McMillan paces for a lot of newer runners are very hard to hit in the longer races.  As you build even more endurance over months and years, they may tend to line up a bit easier.

Congrats!

Thanks Jay.

Cyberic

Montreal will always be more beautiful than anywhere else. You know why? Because it's filled with Montrealers. 

Imagine how beautiful it would be if you came more often Wink

Ric-G

exactly. you had a well done first HM. then to knock 4 minutes off your next one is a good sign faster times will happen. great job!

Dude, where are you?  At a funeral?  You just knocked off 4 minutes off your personal best in a year, that shit ain't easy yo!  It's time to celebrate and drink shit up! 

marathon pr - 3:16

Cyberic

2 weeks after my race, I feel cold headed enough to analyze this. For people who don't understand minutes/km:

Paces:

First 5km, pace 4:22/km = 7:01/mile

5 to10km, pace 4:26/km = 7:08/mile

10k to finish, pace 4:33/km = 7:19/mile

I had a positive split race, but my position numbers indicate that I was having a good race.

After 5km: 370

After 10km: 319

Finish line: 234

I don't know is if these numbers (the crowd badly slowing as the race goes on) are standard in half marathon races, or in races in general.