Beginners and Beyond

Thursday Penguins Share Their Lunch! (Read 26 times)

Zelanie

Today's doc referred me to the GI doc. I am seeing a pattern here.

JerryInIL

Return To Racing

Zel, that looks way healthier than the half burger I had for lunch.  Sorry, no pix.  But I did wash it down with a good IPA.

6m at 10:00 for DW.  I'm really going to have to get back into shape to keep up.  That will start in about a week if the cortisone shot I got this morning works.  So, no scoping the knee for now.

Zelanie

Jerry, that must be good news that it's not a bad tear, then?

JerryInIL

Return To Racing

It's not bad, and there is no reason not to try the cortisone.  He can still scope it if the cortisone doesn't work.  Says there is a 20% chance that the pain will go away permanently.  It will take a few days for relief, but it feels better already.  Maybe that's a placebo effect.  The pain could return in 6 months, so I can get another shot, but not more than 2/year.

Docket_Rocket

This is for you, Baconista. Tempeh, sweet potatoes, green beans, and asparagus over rice with a light coconut curry.

For me too!  Yummy.

I had a Goat Cheese & Tomato quiche with a butternut squash soup for lunch.  No pics, sorry.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Docket_Rocket

Hope he helps you find an answer, though.  I am sure a twist in the diet will do wonders.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Docket_Rocket

Zel, that looks way healthier than the half burger I had for lunch.  Sorry, no pix.  But I did wash it down with a good IPA.

6m at 10:00 for DW.  I'm really going to have to get back into shape to keep up.  That will start in about a week if the cortisone shot I got this morning works.  So, no scoping the knee for now.

I hate cortisone shots (and my husband hates prescribing them) but you sounded like a good candidate for it.  hope it helps.

And your doctor is a good one.  Twice a year is the recommended dose.  Everytime I see someone getting cortisone shots for PF every two weeks I do this::   It's good being married to a doctor to know which ones practice good medicine.

Damaris

Fundraising Page

hog4life

, don't worry. At least you can figure out what is going on.

From the Internet.

What else would I have said?  Secret lovechild? 

Yeah, I get that a lot :P

Yum, tempeh looked good! I haven't made it in forever - my picky family won't eat it.

GinnyinPA

Jerry - I hope the shot does the trick.  I've read that often torn menisci don't need surgery, so I'm glad you're trying alternative therapy.  When DH was facing his knee replacement, he did hyaluron shots first, which put the surgery off for about 2 years.  We did a lot of hiking during those two years;-)

We did a four mile hike this afternoon.  It was a new to us trail, and mostly pretty easy except for one huge steep rocky hill that we got to go up  and down in both directions.  Made a good workout and was a good test for my hamstring.  It didn't hurt climbing, so my leg seems to be mostly healed, though I still feel it when bending over to pick something up off the floor or to pet the dog.  Makes me a bit more hopeful for my race this weekend.