Beginners and Beyond

Tuesday Penguins (Read 12 times)

PADRunner

The "Penguin" daily threads were originally conceived to emphasize that all members of the community have a place on the boards. Encouragement, motivation, a little love nip (you will love one, give it a try!) or even a little kick in the pants when needed -- it can happen here. Basically, we celebrate just getting out there and moving our tails! What is "slow"? "Slow" is a perception but one of the common benchmarks is the 10:00/mi pace; but there's no firm line. In fact, there are many of us that have slipped past this, and just hope that no one notices and revokes their "igloo privileges."  And some penguins don't run at all, we just hang out for the company! It can be confusing for the forum newbies, but we're not one of the teams in any of the fine games. It's a totally open group, so stop lurking, post an introduction of yourself dive in and join the fun! No application necessary! There might even be a lovely picture for Scotty (we love pics!)

PADRunner

I got nothin!

3 this morning on the TM and a hill workout tonight.

Singer who runs a smidge

Howdy, Penguins!!  We had an unexpected Monday off, because Richmond got quite a bit more snow than my hometown did.  6-8 inches here, where we had maybe 3 at the house.  Which was nice, because DH could still get out for groceries, but I could sit in my PJ's and watch Downton Abbey all day.  Yeah, yeah, I know I'm behind!  Anyway, I'm back at work today (delayed until 11, which was also nice), and will probably bug out at 4 because DH drove me in, but we left Dusty at home.  Woo-hoo!!

When it's all said and done, no one remembers how far we have run.  The only thing that matters is how we have loved.

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Morning.  I have 6 with 2 at MP after Pilates tonight.

PAD, nice job on the double.

HopeMom, yay for Dusty being home.  Perfect excuse for you to be there too.

Damaris

GinnyinPA

We had unexpected snow this morning. Not much, but there's about 1/2 inch on the street right now. The forecast said we were supposed to get a wintry mix this evening so I thought I'd have all day to get outside and run and that tomorrow's warmth would melt off any ice on the road. Oh well. I may do either a RD or TM run later. In the meantime, we had hot oatmeal as I watched the snow fall to warm us up before we walk Ben.

HM - enjoy your short work day.  Stay safe on the road.

PAD - have fun with your double.

D - good luck with your MP miles.

stealth.rnr

She laughs at me......

Hi guys. Long time no see.

Starting next week, I get to be a real runner again. Smile The TM will be delivered Monday.

I've been running outside when I feel like it, but since I'm not trying to train for more than the occasional 5k I'll be mostly inside.

Singer who runs a smidge

Hiya, Stealth!!! 

When it's all said and done, no one remembers how far we have run.  The only thing that matters is how we have loved.

stealth.rnr

She laughs at me......

From the Internet.

Hi pens!

Took the day off to get some grading and midterm-related stuff done. Sloooowly catching up before grades close on the 24th. Got in my medium-long run while the sun was shining, which is always great - above freezing and plenty of bare pavement, though I had to stick to the shoulder instead of sidewalks 90% of the time, and now that's one less day that I need to be up at stupid o'clock AM to get the miles in! We're going to get rain overnight and it'll stay above freezing, so tomorrow morning's recovery will be wet but hopefully not slippery.

Zelanie

Cindy!!!!!!

stealth.rnr

She laughs at me......

Cindy!!!!!!

Time for me to start talking about my running. Smile