Beginners and Beyond

Earthy Penguin Weekend (Read 8 times)

PADRunner

The "Penguin" daily threads were originally conceived to emphasize that all members of the community have a place on the boards. Encouragement, motivation, a little love nip (you will love one, give it a try!) or even a little kick in the pants when needed -- it can happen here. Basically, we celebrate just getting out there and moving our tails! What is "slow"? "Slow" is a perception but one of the common benchmarks is the 10:00/mi pace; but there's no firm line. In fact, there are many of us that have slipped past this, and just hope that no one notices and revokes their "igloo privileges."  And some penguins don't run at all, we just hang out for the company! It can be confusing for the forum newbies, but we're not one of the teams in any of the fine games. It's a totally open group, so stop lurking, post an introduction of yourself dive in and join the fun! No application necessary! There might even be a lovely picture for Scotty (we love pics!)

It's Earth Day, get out there and enjoy it!

Docket_Rocket

Morning!  I slept 10 hours and feel a tad better but not 100%.  Will try some miles tonight.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

GinnyinPA

We're waiting for the rain to end, or at least slow down, so we can give Ben his walk. Then I'll decide where I'm running.

Docket_Rocket

Afternoon!  Feeling better today (not at 100% but close), so ran 16 on the TM with 6 @ MP.  It went OK.  Faster LR (not timewise, it just felt short, LOL), in a while.  The hours seem to have run by.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

PADRunner

3 yesterday and a 6 mile speed workout today.

GinnyinPA

PAD - nice workouts. Are you training for anything soon?

D - good TM run. What is your next race, since Disney didn't happen?

AFM: I ran a lovely 10 mile loop I've only done a couple of times.  I need to do it more, because it has a good hill at 7 miles that beats me every time (175' in about .4).  It was a beautiful springlike day, so when I got home, I helped tame the jungle that was our lawn, just in time for more rain tomorrow.

Docket_Rocket

PAD, nice workouts.

Ginny, I have a HM with hubby (Flying Pig HM) before my marathon.  So nothing goal related until then.  Nice 10.

Damaris

Fundraising Page