Beginners and Beyond

Freaky FriDAILIES (Read 38 times)

RunningOnSand

9 with 6 at HM pace. All 6 started with a 9, so progress.

We had leftover Nutella at work this summer (how, I don't know). I made baked French toast with it spread on brioche. I put some strawberries on it for healthy stuff.

Omg. I’m dying.

Docket_Rocket

I was lucky to discover Nutella in the mid 90s. But only because my bff growing up had a German mother. She had a lot of trouble finding it in a store, especially in central PA.

I can imagine!

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Docket_Rocket

70? Holy balls that sucks. Late start? Mine was 39* at 6:00am.

aka as Miami Winter...

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

RunningOnSand

aka as Miami Winter...

*cries*

We love Nutella, but like Coast, we don't keep it around because then we eat it all far too quickly.  We don't have much self-control around it.

OKay okay. Dudes. Recipes pretty plz. To both you and LM’s husband.

Oh Dave.  That poundcake thing sounds like something my mom would make, and I would eat ALL OF IT.  We joke around that she should write a cookbook called, "Cooking with Butter."  It's her special skill.  Paula Dean thinks she's the butter lady, but no, my mom's the original and she doesn't use offensive language.  Double win there.

ROS, hub's food is frustrating.  He makes things because he gets inspired by rando stuff we have around at the moment, and he seldom uses or even looks at a recipe.  It's awesome because I eat here, it's fucking delicious, and I don't have to do jack--this amazing crap just appears and all I have to do is find a fork.  However, it sucks in the sense that if if you love something, you're going to have to let it go, because the chances of ever tasting it again exactly the same way are pretty much zero.

That said, he did bread pudding again with all the leftover challah on Saturday night (cleaning for Passover is delicious I tell you!), only this time he did something different with the egg and the milk, and it ended up even more soft and gooey, and then I found maple syrup, and it was wonderful.

This was a 4 pound weekend.