Beginners and Beyond

SunDAILIES: Wind Cold & Snow - One of them has to go (Read 33 times)

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

I'm actually at the point where I've figured out how to dress for all of this nonsense. It took a few runs but I got it. And ooh, I saw so many ladies without gloves today. It was crazy! I thought of you each time and just shook my head...whilst wearing my big ass boxing gloves. lol

I gotta wear gloves, hell if its below 25 I'll wear 2 pairs. My fingers freeze so damn bad.... I can handle numbing, freezing needles almost anywhere else, not my fingers.

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

Runshortii

We're supposed to get 7-14 inches of snow tonight. They already cancelled most area schools which is unusual

They already cancelled most of ours too.

i ran 15. It was 5 degrees. The sun was shining and I felt fine starting out but my legs and face were pretty cold by the end. My lululemon jacket was warm though. It also felt way better than any of my runs in Aruba and my HR wasn’t constantly 170

my coach says the coldest she’s ran in is -40 

Cyberic

my coach says the coldest she’s ran in is -40 

I don't know where that was, but I haven't seen a true -40 in my 20+ years in Montreal. On the thermometer I mean. When I was a kid, we'd sometimes get 1 or two days at -40 per year. And some years there was no -40.  And I lived a little north of the 49th parallel.

So I wonder where she went to race in -40 degrees.

BTW, -40F = -40C

onemile

I don't know where that was, but I haven't seen a true -40 in my 20+ years in Montreal. On the thermometer I mean. When I was a kid, we'd sometimes get 1 or two days at -40 per year. And some years there was no -40.  And I lived a little north of the 49th parallel.

BTW, -40F = -40C

I think she lives in Alaska

LRB

I think she lives on Pluto

FYP

lol

Cyberic

That would work.

wcrunner2

Are we there, yet?

BTW, -40F = -40C

27 of the states have record lows of -40F or colder, and Ohio just missed with a record low of -39F.

2024 Races:

03/09 - Livingston Oval Ultra 6-Hour, 22.88 miles

05/11 - D3 50K
                      05/25 - What the Duck 12-Hour

06/17 - 6 Days in the Dome 12-Hour.

Runshortii

Yeah she does