Beginners and Beyond

Saturdailies and kicking the feet up (Read 44 times)

Half Crazy K 2.0

Jay, are you human?

D2, we had friends whose neighborhood was shown on the weather channel after a tornado. Neither was home at the time and both gots loads of messages (husband was across the country when it happened). So yea, never want the Weather Channel near your home.

How did that second one feel? Those last miles, I'm guessing even you had heavy legs.

It felt every bit as hard as the first, just necessarily slower.  15-25 were a grind.  But, running down off the high elevations surrounded by such beautiful scenery as the sun rose, it was worth it.

delicate flower

Whose idea was it to run 2 marathons in a week??? 

That's entering Damaris territory.

<3

Cyberic

It felt every bit as hard as the first, just necessarily slower.  15-25 were a grind.  But, running down off the high elevations surrounded by such beautiful scenery as the sun rose, it was worth it.

Beautiful, you say. I got curious, and it seems you're not the only one to think that:

Rated by Runner's World as one of the four "Marathons to Build a Vacation Around" in the World. Included in Runner`s World 10 Most Scenic and Fastest Marathons and Top 20 Marathons in the USA. It begins in the majestic Pine Valley mountains and descends nearly 2600 feet through scenic southwest Utah, to the beautiful Worthern Park. The St. George Marathon is a point-to-point race which is USA Track & Field Certified & Sanctioned. Runner`s World listed the St. George Marathon as the fastest fall marathon. A fun race indeed--and scenic.

Docket_Rocket

Whose idea was it to run 2 marathons in a week??? 

Might have been mine?

Ran 6 outside.  My pace sucked but the wind was bad.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

LRB

But, running down off the high elevations surrounded by such beautiful scenery as the sun rose, it was worth it.

Well there it is then, bam!

delicate flower

Max Scherzer...WOW.  9 IP, 17K, 0H.  Second no hitter of the season!  That's pretty amazing if you follow that baseball type stuff.

you care.

<3

bluerun

Super B****

Heading out for 20 in the hurricane (not really, it's just raining here and a lil windy), wish me luck!

Blue, your gaiters should be a lil snug, otherwise they're not going to keep stuff out.  If I had known you were looking, I would have recommended Dirty Girl gaiters, they work great.  No straps, just the hook on the front and small velcro tab on the back.

Ha, I didn't know I was looking either until a couple of days ago!!  I'm more concerned with keeping my shoes on than keeping stuff out, but after changing back and forth a dozen times, I think I'm going to go with the small... they'll probably stretch a bit when they get wet, and then the medium will REALLY be too big.  Fingers crossed?

chasing the impossible

because i never shut up ... i blog

Ric-G

yes, that is something cool...i think there was one guy a long time ago (van de meer?) who pitched no-hitters on consecutive starts...that's pretty amazing if you follow that baseball type stuff...

Max Scherzer...WOW.  9 IP, 17K, 0H.  Second no hitter of the season!  That's pretty amazing if you follow that baseball type stuff.

you care.

marathon pr - 3:16

delicate flower

yes, that is something cool...i think there was one guy a long time ago (van de meer?) who pitched no-hitters on consecutive starts...that's pretty amazing if you follow that baseball type stuff...

I like that baseball is trending back towards being more of a pitching game, instead of the artificially inflated offensive explosion of the 1990's and early 2000's.  Give me a 1-0 pitching duel any day of the week.

<3

bluerun

Super B****

I like that baseball is trending back towards being more of a pitching game, instead of the artificially inflated offensive explosion of the 1990's and early 2000's.  Give me a 1-0 pitching duel any day of the week.

Plus, the games usually end faster that way.  (I love baseball.  But four hours in a ballpark is a bit much for me.)

chasing the impossible

because i never shut up ... i blog

+1. Always been a fan of the pitchers' duel. And when Scherzer is on, he's unhittable. This year has been a roller coaster ride for him (& the rest of the Nats). Tigers miss him, but he would not have helped them much this year. And actually David Price is the one in Cy Young contention, and may end up in the World Series.

Dave

Now that you've done that, here's your next challenge: come out here and do the Seattle Quadzilla. Four marathons in consecutive days, Thursday through Sunday of Thanksgiving weekend, culminating with the Seattle Marathon. That thing at Disney with 5k-10k-HM-M on consecutive days they call the Dopey Challenge; this one they should just call the Fucked in the Head Challenge.

Dave

Ric-G

To continue, greinkes ERA this year was the lowest since like 1995 in baseball... So yes, the steroid era is no longer flexing it's muscles...of course nothing as good as gibbsons ridiculous 1.12 ERA in 1968...of course I grew up before gore invented the Internet so we used look up this crap and read boxscores in the newspaper ( the horror)...my son has little clue about sports history and could not care less...he did say he's learned more about sports tactics/rules by playing PS4.... At least technology has its redeeming qualities...and after a few beers, Im done.

+1. Always been a fan of the pitchers' duel. And when Scherzer is on, he's unhittable. This year has been a roller coaster ride for him (& the rest of the Nats). Tigers miss him, but he would not have helped them much this year. And actually David Price is the one in Cy Young contention, and may end up in the World Series.

marathon pr - 3:16

To continue, greinkes ERA this year was the lowest since like 1995 in baseball... So yes, the steroid era is no longer flexing it's muscles...of course nothing as good as gibbsons ridiculous 1.12 ERA in 1968...of course I grew up before gore invented the Internet so we used look up this crap and read boxscores in the newspaper ( the horror)...my son has little clue about sports history and could not care less... 

+1 to all this too.

Greinke probably clinched the Cy Young tonight. One bad outing coulda lost it to Arrieta. To think Arrieta goes 22-6, 1.77, 0.86 WHIP, and does not win the Cy Young is incredible. Dude has a 0.80 since the All Star break, and in the last 2 months of the season gave up a total of 4 earned runs.

I remember HATING that my parents always picked up the Sunday paper on Saturday afternoon, so they could get an early look at all the ads I guess, because I could never see box scores of Saturday games. There was very literally no other place you could get a box score. How I survived is a mystery.

Dave