Beginners and Beyond

The Last MONDAILIES of 2012 (Read 191 times)

Luke79

Beth: Holy freaking snow!!!  I'm in Wisconsin, but we don't have anywhere near that much.  Crazy town!

I bailed on my run.  1.5 painful miles.  Resuming rolling/icing, blah,blah, blah, blah.

Hang in there, I know it sucks.  This too shall pass. blah blah blah  Smile

Docket_Rocket

Heidi, I think you need to shut it down and go back to the doctor.  If the PT is pinpointing to the wrong issue, maybe a second opinion is worth it?  For that kind of pain I would go to the orthopedist first.

I ended up not running.  My neighbor's cat escaped and we were looking for her for hours.  Still has not been found.  Of all the days....

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

B-Plus

Didn't get the run done. 3.5 hours of shoveling and then walking the dog 2 miles will have to do for

today. Plus the temps maxed out at 2F (with chill) with 25mp/hr gusts so it was pretty darn cold anyway.

Just put it down as cross training.

RMTB - I'm so sorry that you're struggling so much and I hope it works itself out very soon. I know how frustrated you must feel.

AM - 3.4  @ 9:03

PM - 7.6 @ 8:06 w/ 6 strides

Month - 325.2 (57 mile PR)

Year - 1198.1 (not bad, considering I didn't start until May)

Have fun and stay safe tonight everyone.

RunTomRun

Wickedly Average

All Right!  Another race under my belt. 4.36 miles, 36:40 garmin time. 36:45 gun time. Only about 4 minutes slower than the third in age group runner, but over 10 minutes shorter time than last year's run (which was about 1/4 mile longer). 2 moderate hills on this run, but since it was 2 laps, it was essentially 4 hills. I'm pretty happy with my results.

Tom (formerly known as PhotogTom)

5K - 25:16, 10K - 55:31,  15K - 1:20:55,   HM - 1:54:54

LRB

All Right!  Another race under my belt. 4.36 miles, 36:40 garmin time. 36:45 gun time. Only about 4 minutes slower than the third in age group runner, but over 10 minutes shorter time than last year's run (which was about 1/4 mile longer). 2 moderate hills on this run, but since it was 2 laps, it was essentially 4 hills. I'm pretty happy with my results.

Like!

Congratulations, Tom!

I'm off to do ab work and push-ups before preparing to go out tonight. Have a happy and safe NYE and NYD, everyone!

Luke79

Good run Tom.  8:25 pace for 4.36 miles is some mighty fine truckin'.

RunTomRun

Wickedly Average

Thanks, Luke, Basya, LRB!

Looking at my splits, it appears that I went out a little fast, given that my first mile was my fastest. I dropped 30 seconds the second mile and settled into my pace from there. I thought that I had gained enough fitness that I could achieve my most recent 5K pace (and I almost did) but I overdid it at the beginning. Fortunately, I adjusted my pace a bit and maintained for the remainder of the race. I only wish I had a bit more kick capability at the end.

LRB

...I dropped 30 seconds the second mile and settled into my pace from there...

Just gotta "settle in" a little sooner, and you'll be fine.

RunTomRun

Wickedly Average

I attacked the opening hill a bit too vigorously, actually! Then tried to make up for it over the rest of the first mile.

Side note - someone's shooting off something big around here. Fireworks! Popular this time of year.

Will run for scenery.

Any of you guys staying up until midnight? Really?

Didn't think so.  G'night.  Happy 2013.

Stupid feet!

Stupid elbow!

RunTomRun

Wickedly Average

Happy 2013! 'Night! Smile